cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No caller ID

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I received two calls yesterday and today no caller ID. How can I know who called me, please?

Thanks for help.

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Community_STS_0.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately you wont be able to check who called unless they leave a voice mail. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately you wont be able to check who called unless they leave a voice mail. 

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or you get to answer the call in time. slight_smile

If it's important I'm sure they'll ring back.
Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As far as I know calls from people selling stuff often show no ID...that's because they don't want you to call them..or even report them. Numbers can also be blocked deliberately by these people

Once you answer the phone you are allowing them to see this is an active number..:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I had an unknown call earlier this morning...it was the hospital but a call I was expecting. As said, if it's important they will call back.

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Dr's Surgery withholds their number too.

I sometimes let an unknown call drop onto voicemail so I can make an informed decision on the nature of the incoming call. If they fail to leave one then it's normally a cold caller.
Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I had an unknown call earlier this morning...it was the hospital but a call I was expecting. As said, if it's important they will call back.

Absolutely right @jonsie  This happens with large companies who use a central phone exchange. If my O/H rings me from work it comes up as 'withheld'.....

I also get the 'International' display. I have to answer these in case they are friends from abroad...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
A vast majority of withheld numbers are spam or marketing.
Unless you are someone who is expecting such a call or who regularly receives calls from known people who withhold their number it is wise to ignore them anyway.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

i am sick and tired of NO CALLER ID, i received at least 6/7 calss a day, can anyone suggest me how to stop receiving these calls i have iphone 5s, i think o2 should have solution

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Apple do have caller and text blocking software on iOS 7 onwards but unfortunately you do need to know the number to add it. Apple help link http://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201229

Spam Calls help from O2 is http://www.o2.co.uk/help/everything-else/unwanted-calls-and-messages

And you could at the extreme ask for a number change fromo2 which is free the first time but you shouldn't have to really and that does not guarantee you won't start getting them again.
Message 10 of 12