cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHS discount

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, i'm a very new customer to o2 (monday to be precise) and when i signed up instore i was told i could get a discount as i work for the NHS. i was told i just needed to text open to 2020 and take it from there. I have had nothing but problems :-(. Finally got an open code and texted as requested but 24 hours later i got a reply saying that the code was no longer valid?! I have been trying to get in touch via live chat but with no luck whatsoever - in fact it keeps telling my that my phone isn't a touch screen. Does anyone out there know what i can do? The discount deal expires on 17th according to the store and i don't want to miss out

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Renewed contract December 2013. Been with O2 now for over 7 years. Changed from pay as you go to monthly last month.

Enquired as to staff NHS discount, advised yes 30% delighted i decided to stay with o2. Of course this discount could have been applied some time ago but o2 did not inform me of this.

I telephoned o2, as directed after my first bill, was again advised i was entitled to a discount. But i would have to phone H.R for code. Phoned H.R for code, never heard of it. Got back to O2, code to be obtained in shop. Went to shop advised code to be obtained online. Went online, advised to phone for code o2 again.

Phoned again, code provided and confirmed NHS staff therefore entitled to discount usually activated in 48 hours.

Text to follow which stated "not on this contract". Now having the option i would have went with vodaphone, as they do honour what they say, as such has the entire works mobile contract for our service, something o2 have now missed out on. I feel a bit duped to be honest. When i phoned o2 again they said discount did not apply as not a new contract, although having never been applied i feel this is unfair.

O2-the talk talk of the mobile world. Cheap because you get what you pay for.

Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Shafted by 02 yet again. Told I can get discount but actually can't really. Should have gone to vodaphone 😞
Message 12 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Shafted by 02 yet again. Told I can get discount but actually can't really. Should have gone to vodaphone 😞

We need more info to advise.....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure what to do with my NHS discount code - do I have to go into the O2 shop or is this something I can do online ? I have a new ( within 28 days) airtime tarif contract with O2 and eligible NHS status - can someone explain simply what I need to do 

Message 15 of 16

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
text "OPEN" followed by your open code, mobile number, name and postcode to 2020
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Open-and-Friends-and-Family-Discount-Schemes...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 16