cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My contract is expiring, help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It ends on the 4th of May, and I've very recently heard about the 30 days notice thing, I don't want to renew because the internet is painfully slow and very expensive. I've called 202 but I either have to wait for a long time or they hang up on me, I've also tried the web chat service but I always seem to get told to ring 202 or given wrong information. The same thing happens when I visit them in store. Is there anyone who can help end this nightmare?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Please have a read here but the 30 days notice is in the t&c you agreed to http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Closing-an-o2-account/td-p/377376
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Please have a read here but the 30 days notice is in the t&c you agreed to http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Closing-an-o2-account/td-p/377376
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144186 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I guess you are moving networks?
If so obtain your PAC and port your number to the new network - this cancels your account immediately and there is no need to give 30 days notice.
Use the PAC as soon as your contract ends and you will avoid having to pay an extra month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you are keeping your number and want to port it to another mobile provider then that negates the 30 day notice period. your contract would end the day your number ported (o2 and your new provider sort this out).

To get your pac code you just need to call CS on 202 and ask for it.

When considering another network we strongly advise you get a free payg sim for that network and try it out in the areas you will use your phone most to check real signal. Please DO NOT rely on Web based coverage checkers as they are NOT reliable

Please do let us know how you get on
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Sorry to hear your leaving O2.

The advice given above will help guide you through leaving.

As a point of interest it is an idea to Unlock your phone here https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%... before you leave so you can use your phone on another network or it raises the street value if you go onto sell it.

It's free to contract customers.

Check any new network by using their Payg sim before committing.

Take care.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've taken the option to end it in 30 days, I didn't want to keep my number because of all the spam I get on this one. I was glad to have this issue sorted, at least I think it is.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's what is a good choice for you that counts so take care.
Message 7 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144186 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
A word of advice. Check it has actually been cancelled and call O2 for confirmation before cancelling your dd.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8