cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to Ireland from UK but signed up to 24 month contract? Any ideas what I can do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all when I took out a two year contract with O2 via Carphone Warehouse in December 2013 I had not planned to be moving back to Ireland but the house price rise in the UK has left me with no other option!

I contacted 02 Shop last year and explained my situation however all they sated was because I went through Carphone Warehouse instead of O2 Directly then all they could advise is that they would unlock the phone and I could sell it on Ebay and then repay the full contract? There must be an easier option than that as I wish to keep my iPhone 5c ? Any Ideas Please? Thomas Madden

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

I'm sure Irish banks can easily check UK credit ratings. It wouldn't do him any good to have a negative mark anywhere.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 21 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree but thought it worth asking as I'm sure many do 'cut and run'.
Message 22 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Far be it for us to even consider encouraging that and it shouldn't even be mentioned on a network forum.

It's quite simple, the customer would expect O2 to honour a contract and they should do the same. Either sell the phone to pay it off or keep the phone and settle the minimum term.

Message 23 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I see no encouragement.

The issue was raised and I thought it pertinent to ask the question. If we don't ask we don't learn.
Message 24 of 24