cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from current O2 pay monthly to new 3rd party O2 sim only

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've been trying to speak to O2 customer services all day but not getting very far. Here is my dilemma, hope somebody can help.

Today I've entered the final month of a 24 month pay monthly contract (end date is 27th March 2015). I have seen a new O2 sim only deal on mobiles.co.uk which I would like to get instead of an upgrade directly through O2 themselves as it involves cashback. I have a couple of questions:

1) What's the best way of going about transferring over to the new tariff? Do I need to give any notice to O2 for the current contract?

2) Is there any way of getting my current number transferred from my current contract to the new sim only contract?

Cheers

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again for the info, never ceases to amaze me how much info conveniently gets left out of conversations. Are O2 normally quite good at refunding the extra month's charge?

Don't worry, I've got the live chat transcript saved in numerous formats!

Message 11 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144072 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Yes, they usually pay back within 14 days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks again for the info, never ceases to amaze me how much info conveniently gets left out of conversations.

I think CS know that if customers have queries....they will come to the forum....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha probably!

Thanks for the help guys. I will be aiming to get my new contract and number transfer towards the end of March so will try and remember to update on what happens.

Message 14 of 14