cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Months Written Notice to End Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Folks,

Could anyone please give me an e-mail address to send my months written notice to end my pay monthly contract please? O2 informed me to give written notice today, but I could not get through to ask for an e-mail address, I tried calling 3 times, was left on hold for over 30 minutes and was then informed that the department was closed! I then tried an online chat at 10:50pm, and was told that there was nobody available to chat with me and to try again between 7am and 11pm! O2 customer service is a joke nowadays! I have looked on the website and can not find an e-mail address, only for the complaints department?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Unlike most companies these days O2 have withdrawn their email service. Normally giving notice over the phone on 202 is sufficient. If you want to leave O2 just ask for your PAC if you want to keep your number. Giving your PAC to a new network will automatically end your contract and a final bill will be produced.

If you want to stay with O2 and go to P&G they will send you a new sim card.

Some useful info on ending your contract :

Leaving O2 & Obtaining PAC by bandofbrothers and davethorp - HereHere

Whilst you are still on contract it's advisable to get your phone unlocked if it isn't already. Free to do so on contract.

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/unlocking-an-o2-mobile-to-use-on-a-different-network#qs

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
@Anonymous

I dont think O2 have an email adress
Best thing would be to call the customer services up in the morning on 202 and cancel it through them..
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Unlike most companies these days O2 have withdrawn their email service. Normally giving notice over the phone on 202 is sufficient. If you want to leave O2 just ask for your PAC if you want to keep your number. Giving your PAC to a new network will automatically end your contract and a final bill will be produced.

If you want to stay with O2 and go to P&G they will send you a new sim card.

Some useful info on ending your contract :

Leaving O2 & Obtaining PAC by bandofbrothers and davethorp - HereHere

Whilst you are still on contract it's advisable to get your phone unlocked if it isn't already. Free to do so on contract.

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/unlocking-an-o2-mobile-to-use-on-a-different-network#qs

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what Ive been trying to do today, but with no luck, and thats why Im leaving o2, their customer service is appauling! Thank you for your replies 🙂

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Call 202 and ask for your PAC.
Once you get it give it to your new network and your account will end immediately - No need to give any notice but you will receive the final bill upto the natural end of your contract.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 11

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thank you all 🙂

Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Hope all goes well for you slight_smile

Just to add, if you leave O2 make sure the network you choose has good coverage inside your home and your usual locale. Maybe pick up some free P&G sims but you need an unlocked phone to try them.

Message 8 of 11

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions
If you don't want to keep your number then you should give your notice in writing by recorded delivery as advised in the guide that Jonsie linked above.

If you call and they don't action it (which does happen with a lot of providers) you have no proof that notice was given. If you write and it wasn't sent recorded you again have no proof notice was received.

If you do want to keep your number then you should call 202, request a PAC and then use it. This will automatically close your account once the PAC is used and the transfer completes so there is less need to have proof you gave notice in this instance
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Depending on the phone you have you may be able to record the call so you can prove you did cancel it although I've done it over the phone before and had no problems
Message 10 of 11