cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minutes used but no calls made

Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange one - My monthly billing date was the 23rd so my allowances were reset yesterday, I haven't made any calls at all yet some 4 minutes have been used off my new allowance.

The only thing I can think of was I did make a call of about 4 minutes at about 10.30pm on the 22nd so I can only assume as the minutes used can take some time to update the call has been deducted from my new allowance not my previous months allowance.

I know it's only 4 mins but is this a flaw in the O2 system?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

More than likely an issue with the inf you are seeing in the app. There is an up to 12 hours delay on calls so if the call was made close to the new billing cycle starting it can sometimes show like that. The bill will always have the right information on it. There are no known faults with the billing system.

If you want,next month when the bill comes out, feel free to check the minutes vs calls made, and you will confirm that it all adds up. Hope this helps slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

More than likely an issue with the inf you are seeing in the app. There is an up to 12 hours delay on calls so if the call was made close to the new billing cycle starting it can sometimes show like that. The bill will always have the right information on it. There are no known faults with the billing system.

If you want,next month when the bill comes out, feel free to check the minutes vs calls made, and you will confirm that it all adds up. Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 2 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Most likely the system updated after midnight and with the call been so close it didn't take the minutes before. Quite often O2 systems close down approaching midnight to whilst various parts run maintenance.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Calls can go over to the next day before they show on o2 despite what some people, who think they know better,  claim. 

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
They say updated within 12 hours but usually around midnight or you will see it the next day if there's maintenance on the app or updating
Message 5 of 12

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
They say updated within 12 hours but usually around midnight or you will see it the next day if there's maintenance on the app or updating

Rhayader been my experience. Very often calls from the last billing date appear on next month's bill. Having unlimited calls and texts though it isn't a problem but it happens. 

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah so that could be it then
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @Anonymous

MyO2 online shows the same - Maybe they will reappear once the system catches up after the bank holiday.

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Computers don't have holidays slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Computers don't have holidays slight_smile

They do however have days when they can't be assed. ...

Message 10 of 12