cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media card

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had software problems with my Blackberry Z10, while been sent off for repairs, I was using an ol Blackberry phone, after it came back from repair and inserted my media card it was showing this message "Your media card are encrypted on another device. To use the media card in thios device, go to your Storage & Access setting & format the media card"  When I tried to do this, it was saying I could loss all the data.  please can anyone tell me how to restore my media card back to my current phone Z10?

Many thanks

Femi

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Only the device that encrypted it can decrypt it.
So whichever device that was, put it back in and remove the encryption. You can then save the files to a PC or anywhere else you choose before a reformat in the Z10 (if it still asks for it).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Not sure to be honest, but I have this funny feeling you gonna really regret not unencrypting it before sending it off.
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
What happens if you put it into card reader and connect it to your PC? If you can save the files to the PC and then format the card.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Only the device that encrypted it can decrypt it.
So whichever device that was, put it back in and remove the encryption. You can then save the files to a PC or anywhere else you choose before a reformat in the Z10 (if it still asks for it).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
If you have recieved the same handset (check the serials and IMEI) then that handset should be able to un-encrypt the memory card and allow you to copy to PC / another device.

If however they have sent you a replacement device then unfortunately there are no methods (legitimately at least) to recover the data and un-encrypt it.
Message 5 of 5