cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOVED FROM PAY & GO TO MONTHLY

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had a phone call from o2 and moved to monthly sim contract and was told i could keep my old number and recieved a new sim the next day.Now i done the sim swap and it didnt work as my old pay & go is still working and the new sim is also but its a another number so i cant use it,people cant ring me....Then i get a text that i will be moved to monthly on the 24/02 which i dont understand as i was told i could use the new sim straight away and i cant,oh recieved it on the 18/02 and im not happy and im going to return it as i cant be bothered with this as i have my pay& go sim in my phone and a new monthly sim with a new number and it starts on the 24/02 its a joke what has happened ....raging

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

You need to call 202 from the contract number and ask customer services to transfer the pay and go number to the contract sim. That will replace the new number and get you on pay monthly. From the information you provided they booked it for the 26th but if you call they can do it in 24h. Hope this helps! slight_smile 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Have you turned your phoned off and back on again? If it still isn't working then please follow instructions below and start again....

You either need to use the form here : http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

or

Text swap to 20220 from your old sim and follow the instructions.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Follow the link given by Cleoriff to do the sim swap again as it may have failed.
Your account won't switch over until the end of the current billing cycle.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

You need to call 202 from the contract number and ask customer services to transfer the pay and go number to the contract sim. That will replace the new number and get you on pay monthly. From the information you provided they booked it for the 26th but if you call they can do it in 24h. Hope this helps! slight_smile 

Message 4 of 4