cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS no longer works on Tab S 8.4

Anonymous
Not applicable

After the last update to Android. I can no longer send MMS picture messages on a pay monthly tablet. So called 'Guru' no 1 said let me look at your account....pause...ok it will work again in an hour or two. 6 hours later, 2nd 'guru' has now told me that my contract doesn't include mms and it never has.

My issue is it did work before the update and now it doesn't. I cannot send or recieve mms messages on a Galaxy tab s 8.4

Starting to remember why i left in the first place.

Got new settings from o2....not working 'server response error'

manually input settings... not working 'server response error'

Can someone tell me something that that wont be totally contradicted by the next 'Guru'

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27658 Solutions
It can't take "a couple of hours".
It has to be deleted completely, wait 24 hours, then re-added. You must then wait a further 24 hours for it to cycle back on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I now have a nice new SIM card from O2 which would fix my problem apparently.......Aparprently not......

Still no MMS messaging. They have said only other thing to do is replace Tablet but i put my wifes O2 pay monthly SIM in, did the settings and bingo, i can send MMS messages from my Tablet. Still no joy with my SIM card though........... Can't even use emoticons unless its just plain old smiley face as any of the many hundreds that come already on the Tablet all automatically convert the message to MMS

Message 12 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Is your tablet on Contract or PAYG? I am just wondering if you have been sent the correct sim?

Either way look at the link for these settings...they show both contract and payg settings for Android devices

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/o2-apn-settings#o2%20Android%20APN%20MMS%20mobile%20internet%20settings

Edit...I have just looked back in the thread and realise you are on contract....check this one out then....

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices#/samsung/galaxy-tab-s-10-5-t805/mms/sending-pictures/

(bigger model but the same if you get my meaning....)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 40

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27658 Solutions
It needs reprovisioning on your account - Nothing to do with the sim card.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried telling them about 'reprovisioning' on my account but they just keep saying its all ok their end and MMS is activated. Problem is evertime i contact them again they tell me to do the same things over and over again. It didnt work the first time, let alone the 21st time.

Why can nobody seem to fix this. Am losing all faith in O2 very rapidly.

The error message i get is "Service not activated on Network" followed by "Server response error" 

Why do you guys know about reprovizioning but the people who can actually do it wont listen.

Message 15 of 40

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6973 Solutions

You need to get through to someone who actually understands that to reprovision means removing it completely and waiting 24 hours before provisioning the account again.

Message 16 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I know this is frustrating but since you have had your new sim have you tried texting ACTIVE to 2020, saving settings and rebooting the phone?

You may have done it...I don't know...but I am just trying to stop you launching that tablet out of the window wink (my motto is you have to laugh sometimes.... else you would cry....)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hadn't as they got me to manually configure settings but just tried it, installed browser and mms ones, restarted.... No joy.

Message 18 of 40

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27658 Solutions
You need to insist that CS do as I have advised.
Refer them back to this thread if necessary.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Todays Guru update. Went straight in with reprovisioning request. Referred to MI5' post. Explained ive tried settings many times.result....

MMS is showing as ok on your account.

Asked to be escalated to her supervisor after being told i need to go to a shop to get them to do the settings on my tablet properly.

Explained and copy and pasted text from your post......

Ive just looked at your account again and MMS isnt enabled...go to shop and they will do the settings on your phone.

I wish i could have access to the logs from those chats.

Then they gave me Customer service number.

Called and got through to accounts. Explained everything.

She then said she would send the settings to me.

Noooooooo listen ive done that too manytimes....

Ok hold on, I'll put you through to a guru.....

Wait, they sent me to you......

okay, i willspeak to Tech support, can i call back in 15 minutes?

Still waiting patiently 2 hours later....

Message 20 of 40