cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS no longer works on Tab S 8.4

Anonymous
Not applicable

After the last update to Android. I can no longer send MMS picture messages on a pay monthly tablet. So called 'Guru' no 1 said let me look at your account....pause...ok it will work again in an hour or two. 6 hours later, 2nd 'guru' has now told me that my contract doesn't include mms and it never has.

My issue is it did work before the update and now it doesn't. I cannot send or recieve mms messages on a Galaxy tab s 8.4

Starting to remember why i left in the first place.

Got new settings from o2....not working 'server response error'

manually input settings... not working 'server response error'

Can someone tell me something that that wont be totally contradicted by the next 'Guru'

Message 1 of 40
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Ask CS to re provision MMS for you.
This means they must delete it from your account, wait 24 hours and then re-provision it.
Those steps are very important. Once that is done correctly, you should be up and running again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been there, tried that i'm afraid. Manually entering settings was the step after trying the config messages twice.

I exhausted all attempts before even thinking of contacting o2 directly. They got me to delete everything, and go back to defaults. 

The default mms that came up for O2 has exactly the same settings as the page links you posted. No joy.

The geek help link is the settings for O2  mobile internet which is working normally and again, those are the settings already there.

Message 3 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Right .....I havent had time to check this and not sure whether it is in the links I have posted but I am throwing everything at you I can find @Anonymous (I know this is for the 10.5 but.....

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices#/samsung/galaxy-tab-s-10-5-t805/mms/sending-pictures/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 40

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Have you got mobile data turned on?
It must be on even if you are on wifi.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Thats the page i manually entered the info from originally. There is no 8.4 listed so i thought it cant be too different.

Mobile data is indeed on.

I'm going to call customer services tomorrow to see if its account related. I looked at My O2 and my tariff information tells me how much i will be charged for a MMS message on my plan which to me says it should be possible.

Thank you for your help though. Appreciate there must be something account related if the settings themselves are all correct.

Message 6 of 40

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

This might seem obvious but can you access the internet with your wi-fi turned off?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 40

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Ask CS to re provision MMS for you.
This means they must delete it from your account, wait 24 hours and then re-provision it.
Those steps are very important. Once that is done correctly, you should be up and running again.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 40

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That was my next suggestion but I was delayed..............Surprised

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Again,

saorry been away for a few dyas. Will be ringing CS tomorrow. That was what the first Guru said they were doing but they only mentioned it aking 'a couple of hours'.

Thank you for your help though.

Fingers crossed

Message 10 of 40