cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone abroad - round and round O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

How on earth do you ever get to speak with a person at O2 or Telefonica about a lost phone to try and track it down? I have a personal phone on a O2 Simplicity 300 12M 300MB Monthly contract I took out in Milton Keynes earlier this year. They tell me the number to ring is as on the website +44 344 809 0202. I ring and the mesage says contact the independent service provider shown on my bill (mine is dated 28th June 2014 less than 3 weeks ago). I look up and down and across and all over my internet pdf bill again BUT THERE IS NO NUMBER for Telefonica, other than that of the phone I just lost. So I ring O2 in Milton Keynes and they give me another number +44 844 875 2302 and guess what - yes same words - contact the independent service provider. So I ring Sophie again and she tells me that because I used my business phone number to ring the UK I was directed to that independent service provide message. I really don't see how do you? It's utterly hopeless - going on line to try and get the Fastest Contact Method :

'Give us a moment We're just checking to see if there's an available agent service'   You'll wait until eternity and in the end get absolutely nowhere - 88 minutes at the last count.

And when trying to contact Telefonica on a 24 hour service at the Slough office because that is where the bill comes from - and they are presumably my independent service provider, they have all gone home! I'ts enough to make you lose your rag with this organaisation for good. Maybe they will respond to this?? Doubtful eh??

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Nope, sorry. This is a customer forum.
Use a normal landline to call +44 344 809 0202 and you'll get through fine.
Contact details and opening times are here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Nope, sorry. This is a customer forum.
Use a normal landline to call +44 344 809 0202 and you'll get through fine.
Contact details and opening times are here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

From abroad +44 3448090202 Free† for pay monthly.

Edit :
Or keep trying live chat.
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
They won't be able to track the phone but will be able to block it.

Which phone do you have ?
Message 4 of 4