Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing faith with O2

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I am beginning to lose faith with O2. I have been a customer for well over a decade now and used to think the customer service was the best of any utility company I'd dealt with. But recently the standards have seriously slipped. The staff in store are rude, unhelpful and not interested in helping you unless you want to take out a contract for a top of the range phone. They're also clueless on the tech side of things.

Its also impossible to sdpeak to customer service unless you have an hour to spare as the waiting times are always over 30 minutes. And the online chat is ALWAYS busy.

I ordered the new OnePlus 3T for click and collect today and have heard nothing since I placed the order a week ago. If it's not going to be ready on time O2 should be contacting you to let you know, not just make you wait.

Sorry if I sound like I'm ranting but I am not happy and seem to have wasted a day off work now because of O2 unreliability. Its just not acceptable.

Thanks

Steve
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's perfectly reasonable to be annoyed and I agree that a company that was once at the forefront for customer service is now sadly lacking but it's one of the results of staff cutbacks, closing uk call centres and outsourcing overseas and to Capita.

Message 2 of 22

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I'm off to the shop now and am going to ask them to contact the warehouse to find out what's going on. I'm back at work tomorrow and don't have the time to be messed about.
Thanks

Steve
Message 3 of 22

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

I agree, CS are actually a nightmare atm and from what I have seen on here you and I are certainly not alone in thinking so.

Anyhoo, here's the complaints link in case u didn't have it; http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain I'd definitely register my dissatisfaction as without it O2 are sailing along seemingly thinking all is well 😡

Message 4 of 22

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
A lot of o2 stores are now franchises, so it is all about sales and not aftercare.

The One+ 3T was only release by OnePlus today and in typical OEM fashion ala Apple and others they have none and they have slipped to shipping in at least 9 days, the 128 Gb is 5weeks....

So if you cancel with o2 and go with One+ Direct expect a very long wait as well

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 22

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @welshsteve76,

Sorry to hear that you've had long waiting times. We have had a few issues that have affected waiting times and I have reported this to the team. What does your My O2 say regarding your order?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 22

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

It says "In progress". I've had no updates since I ordered. If I can't get a guarantee today that it can be delivered either to the shop or direct to me then I'm going to cancel. I'm not being charged for something I don't have.  The shop have no record of it being due in.  The parcel number for the courier, DPD UK, returns no results on the courier website.  I've now spoken to customer services but they were unable to help.

Thanks

Steve
Message 7 of 22

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

In progress generally means not in stock so until you see order completed the phone won't have been dispatched.

Message 8 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yep..... Out of stock!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 22

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

How can something that's just been released be out of stock? Absolutely ridiculous. Why the lack of transparency on stock? O2 should be stating when stock will be available for people ordering.

The order status now says "Complete". Does that mean its now in the store ready?

The most disappointing thing in all this has been the lack of contact from O2. Had my "new tariff has been activated" email this morning, so O2 are happy to start charging me even though they have not yet provided me with the device. It's just not acceptable. They need to sort their ship out.

Thanks

Steve
Message 10 of 22