cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long term customer rewards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes i think i can be very nieve. 

I just upgraded my phone yesterday in a bit of a panic, a month early, due to my existing handset refusing to charge. I paid the excess on my contract and have agreed to a more expensive contract on a new handset and data that means i will be paying approx £55 per month (an increase of £20 per month). Whilst this is a lot of money this is the first time i have treated myself to one of the lastest handsets.  

I am now kicking myself, having spoken to colleagues and friends I am advised that many of them negotiate discounts on their upgrades or boltons if they have been a client for a while. 

I have been a client of o2 for well over a decade and have had a pay monthly contract on the same number the whole time. In addition the first couple of years i was living abroad and spending in the region of £200 per month, I have paid thousand and thousands of pounds to o2 over the years and when i think about it is a little sad that there is littlerally no acknowledgement or reward for being a long term customer.  I appreciate why they don't reward clients of a year or two, but over 5? and certainly over 10years i think should warrant acknowledgement at the least. 

do any other long term clients have the same experience?

Kat

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Sadly, loyalty counts for nothing nowadays as so many have said previously. The only chance you had of a discount was by phoning retentions and threatening to leave. There would be no guarantee though and it is a bit late now slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Just normally upgrading means you won't get any offers, only by calling 202 and choosing the option for leaving o2 will they offer you incentives to stay. O2 love a satisfied customer as they just give you whatever is on the website. Own worst enemy...? Unfortunately yes in this instance. 

Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi Kat

I could weep for you, I really really could slight_frown

shocking + shameful + surprising ..... = ..... well yes it was surprising until I came upon this the O2 Community forum quite by accident by browsing the O2 website, something to do with a bill 

I've been with O2 what feels like years, I couldn't say actually how many & I don't know how to look it up, but you've been treated shabbily ..... & ..... totally dis-honourably ..... its only by the likes of the members above that I've come to realise  that it is a dog-eat-dog world of tech much much more than it used to me 

I don't profess to understand this attitude of O2, as to me you reward 'good behaviour' for want of a better description to keep the good customers

I got conned by a friend who stated that it was my old gold Nokia was faulty ..... so I about 6 months before my contract was up for renewal got a new phone & it cost, what for me was, a lot of money

Not O2's fault, but my own, not knowing about tech stuff, this forum is excellent btw, I do know where to come for tech info

Apologies for going over-verbose above ^^^^^

Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

did you upgrade over the phone or online? either way you get a 14 day period to change your mind.

if you upgraded in a shop, you wont get this 14 day period.

as with anything you buy, you need to shop around to get the best price

Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hang on I thought it was 14 days instore but you can't online
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

ive never heard of a 14 day cancellation period where a customer purchased the handset in store.....the 14 day period is in association to the distance selling regulations.

if i'm wrong, please correct me

Message 7 of 15

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Yes you're correct @Anonymous it's the DSR that gives u 14 days to change your mind... In store they don't apply.

Charlie.
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's what I thought it was but I could be wrong maybe @Toby or @Anonymous could clarify
Message 9 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

ive never heard of a 14 day cancellation period where a customer purchased the handset in store.....the 14 day period is in association to the distance selling regulations.

if i'm wrong, please correct me

The 14 day period applies for in store purchases too: http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/returns-and-exchanges

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 15