Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked Phone

jcbhydro
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A few weeks ago O2 transferred my personal number from a Nokia 6230i to a Nokia Lumia Smart 'phone. The transfer was fine and virtually instantaneous.

It was my intention to use the 'old' phone in Ireland where I visit on a regular basis. However, O2 Ireland tell me they cannot supply a SIM as the phone is locked.

I would like to be informed why the phone was locked without my being informed and who do I approach to get it unlocked.

Rehards,

jcbhydro

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

All phones sold by Phones4U and CPW are unlocked. Always have been. Your voda sim must be faulty or switched off. I've suggested before that your phone is unlocked which is why you were struggling to get an unlock code. What is your CSC?
Back to the OP, have you tried a different sim in your phone? If it was a contract phone the unlock is free or if a PAYG it is £15. Just fill in the form https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

O2 phones are usually locked to the providrr supplying the phone but the unlock is quite easy and painless.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought an O2 phone from Phones 4 U in the Meadowhall Centre on the 25th of August 2011, it is just out of contract now, I took it to Phones 4 U last week to get it unlocked, they told me that all their phones are unlocked anyway! Eh?! I've tried a Vodafone SIM card in the old phone, and it does not work!

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

All phones sold by Phones4U and CPW are unlocked. Always have been. Your voda sim must be faulty or switched off. I've suggested before that your phone is unlocked which is why you were struggling to get an unlock code. What is your CSC?
Back to the OP, have you tried a different sim in your phone? If it was a contract phone the unlock is free or if a PAYG it is £15. Just fill in the form https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4