Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat is shocking!

pam
Level 4: Observant
  • 114 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I've used Live Chat twice in the last few weeks and both times they gave me the worng information.

I only wanted to ask about my sim and had waited on the phone for half and hour and knew as it was getting near closing time, they wouldn't be able to help me.

I've been wanting to change from an Android phone to the iPhone and had been keeping an eye on my contract time as it only had about 3 months left to use the Refresh thing. I knew the Iphone took a smaller sim than the android and wanted to know if it was sent out.

As per usual the Live Chat pop up showed so asked the guy about my sim, then he started to ask security questions. I'd previously logged on and got so far with the Refresh, buyt not being 100% sure logged out and just used Live Chat. I ended up being led through screen asking me about my bank details which I thought weird as o2 already have them.

I was told I couldn't have the Iphone 5 on Refresh but could offer me the Iphone 5s. I'd already printed off the screen stating I could have this phone, but was told I'd have to cancel my account and open a new one, thats was why the banking screen had come up. Plus the amount the guy was quoting to me for cancellationwas £20+ more then on Refresh (£84+ against £100+), plus the tariff was £10 more per months too.

I was not happy and had told him many times the Refresh side had ok'd it, but he said no, so I ended up endiing the chat and literally signing on (which he hadn't asked if I had) and proceeding through the Refresh picking the phone I wanted on the tariff I wanted paying £59.99 upfront for the Iphone, which I knew about. I was taken through all the security stuff and printed it all off.

I've actually got the transcript of the Live Chat on email and have a mind, even at this late date, to lodge a complaint about Live Chat and being misinformed and for more money. This Live chat lasted for nigh on one hour to get me absolutely no where at all.

I love my iPhone and have a tariff which suits. 

I've been in a o2 store for a sim adaptor and the young lady set my iPhone up for me tranfering a lot of my stuff onto my iPhone from the android. Whist she was doing this I told her about my experience with Live Chat and she remarked they've had a lot fo bother with the chat side giving the wrong info to customers and telling them to go to an o2 store etc, only to be told the store can't help them.

If any o2 Live chat see this, please get your facts right as you're causing a lot of problems and are paid to help customers with the RIGHT information.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6958 Solutions

I have used it a number of times and only had reason to be disappointed onone occasion. Sometimes so much is lost in the translation. I'm sure they must use google translate looking at some of phrasing.

Message 11 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122795 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I have used it a number of times and only had reason to be disappointed onone occasion. Sometimes so much is lost in the translation. I'm sure they must use google translate looking at some of phrasing.

I have used Live Chat only once...not an enlightening experience.

I have been very lucky over the last two years. Any questions of mine I ask of experienced members on

various forums. It's great being technophobic sometimes wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think your right @jonsie I think they translate as you type that's why it takes so long for them to answer and even then usually it's worded wrong
Message 13 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I agree - give me Forums and Community groups anytime.  O2 LIVE CHAT can be very good but also very bad.  I have had both experiences with them but they really seem to lack the depth & breadth of  practical experience and dare I say it, common sense that one finds in groups such as O2 Community.  So keep up the good work - hundreds of numpties like me depend on you!!  :O))

Message 14 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well your most welcome and in no way do we consider newbies as "numpties". wink

The only stupid question is one not asked in the first place.
Message 15 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here in the Community we welcome all contributors new and existing, young an old and male and female.
We take pleasure in helping people out and hope as many of you as possible stick around and make it a great place to be.
Message 16 of 23

pam
Level 4: Observant
  • 114 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi All

Sorry for the delay  in responding. I got my iPhone 5 (was asked which iPhone wink ) through Refresh and went into our local store (Eldon Sq Newcastle) and was served by a lovely young lady who very kindly set my phone up and gave me a sim adaptor. She was brilliant! she even helped with backing everything up from the SG2 and couldn't have been more helpful.

I've got the transript of the Live Chat which initiated this thread and have now got round to ringing o2 asking advise on if I should send complaint as times gone on. I was assured by Vicky that everything will stay the way it is, as I still can't believe how lucky I am having this beautiful iPhone 5 on this great tariff and was worried incase o2 tried to take things back-paranoid or what! ! I've managed to upgrade it's firmware, as wasn't going to judging by the pathetic way the SG2 has reacted, but this is Apple we're talking about lol

I've actually just sent the Live Chat complaint in-the second in a month but happy camper now slight_smile

Message 17 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for updating your thread and I'm happy to see you have concluded with the iPhone and tariff you wanted.

Enjoy.

Message 18 of 23

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6958 Solutions

Glad you got it sorted, in the end a good result. Enjoy your phone and thanks for updating.:smileyhappy:

Message 19 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yay great result Pam
Message 20 of 23