cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to save some money each month so decided to leave O2 for different network.  My number was ported across at lunchtime today but by 5.30 I'd been back to O2 for a new contract and cancelled with the other network - there was one problem after another!

Now the other problems start.  I can't get a PAC code to port my number back as the original one from O2 is still valid.  Can I use that to port back to O2?  I don't mind keeping the new number but I'd had mine 11 years and I'm also worried the disconnection won't have been properly actioned.

I have been unable to see my new account on My O2.  Do I need to register again?  I thought it would just link to my old My O2 account.

As you can imagine I'm regretting changing networks - it must be the shortest switch in history!

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
I think you'll have to wait until your new provider can supply the PAC - probably around 24 to 48 hours.
You'll most likely have a new login for your MyO2 so a call to CS should sort that for you.
You can access it now and it will automatically switch when you port your number in.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
I think you'll have to wait until your new provider can supply the PAC - probably around 24 to 48 hours.
You'll most likely have a new login for your MyO2 so a call to CS should sort that for you.
You can access it now and it will automatically switch when you port your number in.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought that might be the case.  I think I might have a battle on my hands to get the PAC code as I was told i couldn't have one for 30 days...

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
That may well be the case unfortunately but I've never known anyone do it your way before 😛

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous That must have been the fastest change of mind ever recorded...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

So much went wrong on the first day that it really didn't bode well for the future!  I'm going on holiday on Saturday so I needed to have a working phone.

Message 6 of 10

dene129
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 105 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

So much went wrong on the first day that it really didn't bode well for the future!  I'm going on holiday on Saturday so I needed to have a working phone.

sounds like you may need to get a pay as you go sim at the last minute if you cant resolve the issue, but i woud wait until the last minute, just incase it is resolved, you can pick these up at supermakets these days, atleast until ur back from your holiday and able so get it all sorted.

Have a great holiday by the way Mexican Wave

IPhone x ordered from apple Crazy
Iphone 7 Plus Jet Black256
ordered 0940 9/9/16
Message 7 of 10

Harrysmum2008
  • 50 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, it's Traceyjs1975 here.  When I rejoined O2 I was given a new account number and I can't log into the old one for some reason - customer services moved my email address to my new account and the information they gave me doesn't work on the old one.  I'm not happy about that and I want my old user name back!

To update about the phone.  I am well and truly back with O2 and won't be going anywhere in a hurry.   I managed to get a PAC code from Vodafone and the number ported across the next day without any issues.  I'm now waiting for final bills from Vodafone and O2 (for my old account) and I'm done.

I won't be trying to save money on my mobile bill!

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Send a PM to @Toby and he will sort your username for you.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous or @Harrysmum2008

When I had a similar issue about losing my user name due to account change I contacted @Toby personally

He (or @Martin-O2 ) are the only people who can reset this for you....

Maybe send Toby or Martin a PM?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10