cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOSS OF PHONE SIGNAL STRENGTH (INDICATOR LIGHTS)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Kudos,

I have an iPhone 5 and since the end of last week, I have lost my signal strength and my iPhone only shows two lights - sometimes dropping to one within my residence. Prior to this, I have five lights always on.

The transmitting mast is less than 200yards from my residence so do you agree with me that it appears to be disfunctional?

I have spoken to O2 support and they say their engineers are undertaking planned maintenence on 19th and 20th Sept (yesterday and the day before) and so now viewing the status of CM2 8RU postal address it now states that the network at this address is working normally - However, I beg to differ, it can't be, can it?

I look forward to your reply,

CW

P.S. What do these 'indicator lights' actually measure?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

The strength bars on mobile phones are not 100% accurate and are for 'indication'.

Have you tried re booting the iphone by Holding the Sleep/Wake Button and Home Button together until the Apple Logo appears ,and then let go. 

And Or Settings - General - Reset - Reset network settings. 

Also so try removing the Sim Card and wiping it. 

Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can report any issues and check your coverage through the My Network app http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

P.S. What do these 'indicator lights' actually measure?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_signal

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you

CW

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
My pleasure - Hope signal gets back to normal soon for you.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6