cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my old number on new phone... its been nearly a week!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

i bought the new sony xperia z5 still on the o2 network, my old phone with the number i want to keep is a very old apple 4s. 

so i rang up wednesday to transfer my number over the forms got filled in by the cs, he told me my new contract will be under my original username and password to view on my o2 account and that i will lose signal but it will only take 24 hours.

my new phone has had no signal since friday and my old iphone is still working, also the only contract i can see is still my old iphone one. this is a joke i am considering leaving for this.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous It may be due to the fact that number porting does take 24 -48hrs but wont port over the weekend. Turn your Z5 off tonight and reboot tomorrow am It should start to work properly by then. If not you need to contact customer services about 8'15am and have a word with them

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Have you swapped your number to your new sim? http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
thank your for the responses so quickly, i have not done anything myself as the cs team said it was all done for me (forms ect) if receive signal on my new phone what happens to my old phone and the service on it? also why can i not see my new contract online on my o2?
Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Sounds like they've switched the new sim to the old one to me.
We aren't able to look at your account here so you need to call back to cs on 202.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
also how can i even do that if i have no signal to get the code required you know
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

well thats disgusting if thats true, im paying for a contract i cant use!

Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Just try again tomorrow morning ...if nothing is working as it should then contact CS on the numbers given in the contact us link...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I'm sure CS will fix it for you but you do need to call them.
You said your old phone was working so use that to call 202 on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@MI5 If the OP's old phone is still working, why can't they just use the swapmysim page? I'm not clear how CS could have done the swap in the first place if they didn't have the S/N of the OP's new sim?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 12