cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my old number on new phone... its been nearly a week!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

i bought the new sony xperia z5 still on the o2 network, my old phone with the number i want to keep is a very old apple 4s. 

so i rang up wednesday to transfer my number over the forms got filled in by the cs, he told me my new contract will be under my original username and password to view on my o2 account and that i will lose signal but it will only take 24 hours.

my new phone has had no signal since friday and my old iphone is still working, also the only contract i can see is still my old iphone one. this is a joke i am considering leaving for this.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's not entirely clear to me what's happening but the OP said the new sim had gone off and the old one still working (we don't know if this went off and back on again either?).
If that is the case, a sim swap to the correct sized sim would fix it but we need to know where the number is that the OP wishes to use and if their MyO2 has been updated and showing the correct tariff details.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Shame that the OP hasn't come back to update and let us know how they got on with CS. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 12