cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just A Thought For O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
And how is everyone doing hope u all are good and well...

Just was thinking about something for few days so i thought i would share it with O2 and the community..
Like T Mobile and EE offer unlimited data on 3g ive tried it for a month and it was really good always a good and fast connection...
They got EE for there cap data for 4g like etc 4gb data or 10gb data...

Why dont O2 do something like that and let 3g be unlimited and introduce different 4g bundles....
I mean EE and T Mobile i dont really like em but after trying T Mobile for a month it was really good..not that i can say about O2 i wish i could...
I know some ppl may not like this idea of mine and some may do like it...
Just saying its my opinion and a thought...
I know its not possible by O2....
Cus alot of ppl abuse the unlimited data nowadays were ppl like myself dont and when we do need it we cant use it because its too slow....

Anyways hope everyones good and enjoy the rest of ur day...
Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

O2 did have unlimited many moons ago but due to people tethering etc the network suffered IMO.

Some people are on old Legacy Tariffs where they have unlimited 3G data.

One prime example is Giffgaff now suffering due to unlimited 3G good bags which I believe they are in the process of possibly changing.

The O2 network is suffering from congestion as we speak so maybe the current bandwidths are not enough to deal with what's being used now. Just my own take on things.
Message 2 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah ur right on that
Alot of congestion on masts but if T Mobile can handle it why cant O2..

Plus they can stop tethering and as i said allow unlimited 3g....
O2 boasting about spending money everyday but i dunno what they spending it on ....

@Anonymous

Message 3 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Tethering is supposed to be for contract customers but in the real world it's not always as black and white.
Message 4 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah for real
@Anonymous
Message 5 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't go into detail but yes for real.

Message 6 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its ok u dont have 2 @Anonymous
Message 7 of 60

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

But you think O2 are great, don't you? 

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/O2-Are-The-Best/m-p/644415/highlight/true#M65665

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
The issue of bandwidth continues. O2 are increasing the fibre backhaul bit it is painfully slow. However as each mast gets upgraded then that area improves for a while.

However other members such as @Anonymous have reported that even in areas that have been upgraded (2g 3g and 4g) that after a short while congestion reappears suggesting once people know the service is better they go on to use it putting more strain on the networks. I suspect that once 4g rollout is completed it will already be insufficient to cope with demand.

So as a result o2 unlikely to offer unlimited data.
Message 9 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah ofcourse because of there customer services and also they try to fix problems unlike other mobile networks....
ive stated it many times there the best in those catergories
but in signal and data
i can not say anything about that

@Bambino
Message 10 of 60