cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6 text message

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I preordered the iphone 6 plus last friday, and chose click and collect.

Yesterday I recieved this text

We're so excited about getting your iPhone 6 into your hands, we gave you the wrong Click and Collect date. Pop into the store you selected on the September 19th, not September 17th. Enjoy your new phone.

Has anyone else recieved this or know if this means my phone will certainly be ready for collection on launch day?

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I ordered my 5s last year via live chat I was also told my phone will be with me within few days and when it didn't arrive I called CS on 202 and was told there was a 4-6 weeks wait! So cancelled my order and took out the contract in store. So please don't be surprised if the phone doesn't arrive on Friday... Good luck tho, hope it will.

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I ordered in store too, I've not heard anything yet...? Just the original email which I got in store whilst I was there
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apparently another SMS is on its way today to confirm the correct date, which should be the 19th sept.
Message 3 of 20

Huntress
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I ordered the iPhone 6 plus online last Friday and was advised today that it would be an 8 week wait for the phone to be delivered.

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

oh really? what time on Friday did you order it? Did you call them up just now to find that out?

Message 5 of 20

Huntress
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous I ordered the 164gb in gold at about lunchtime and finally managed to complete the order and 3:36 pm.  I didn't call, I spoke to someone on live chat!!!

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately I think there's a wait on all variations of the new phones. Did you get an email about the 8 week delay?
Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh really? I completed my order about 2pm on Friday for the 64gb in space grey. I spoke to a couple of live chat people. Last night they said my order will be ready for collection on the 19th. Then the one today just said it's 'in progress' and that he couldn't say when to expect it, but he didn't say about an 8 week wait! I'm worried now lol

Message 8 of 20

Huntress
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous I haven't received an e-mail. When I read a couple of posts that indicated some phones had been set as ready for discpatched and texts had been received, I decided to check my order progress on live chat.  Live chat advised me it would be 8 weeks.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
So have people been receiving further emails or texts this week? Hmm, I wonder why I've had nothing? I'm hoping the fact I ordered in store for collection will mean I get it Friday.
Message 10 of 20