cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6 text message

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I preordered the iphone 6 plus last friday, and chose click and collect.

Yesterday I recieved this text

We're so excited about getting your iPhone 6 into your hands, we gave you the wrong Click and Collect date. Pop into the store you selected on the September 19th, not September 17th. Enjoy your new phone.

Has anyone else recieved this or know if this means my phone will certainly be ready for collection on launch day?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the update, I really hope mine isnt 8 weeks (Although mine is 16GB Gold iphone 6) Not heard anything since I placed the order
Message 11 of 20

Huntress
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous I'm not convinced Live Chat have all the correct information to be fair.  I didn't get an option to collect from store as I upgraded and ordered online and only got the option of delivery.  It could be that because I have ordered the 164gb that there is a shortage in that model. I'm sure yours will be ok.

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 12 of 20

Huntress
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous I think those that pre-ordered in store are having better luck in receiving their phones sooner.  This is the first time I've pre-ordered and online, usually I go to an O2 store on launch day and have always been successful.

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 13 of 20

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Iphone 6 silver 128gb is available to preorder still.
Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder how much stock there is world wide for launch day if there has been over 4 million pre orders!

I really hope I can collect from store on the day, but not holding my breath. Guess I'll wait till I get an email or text

Message 15 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I ordered my 5s last year via live chat I was also told my phone will be with me within few days and when it didn't arrive I called CS on 202 and was told there was a 4-6 weeks wait! So cancelled my order and took out the contract in store. So please don't be surprised if the phone doesn't arrive on Friday... Good luck tho, hope it will.

Message 16 of 20

Huntress
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous I usually upgrade in store on launch day and have always been successful, the last time was for the 5.  I don't think I will upgrade online again as the information given by CS Advisers and Live Chat isn't consistent.

To be fair I wasn't expecting to receive the phone on Friday but I also wasn't expecting to have to wait 8 weeks. I would have appreciated 202 CS being honest about availability and delivery estimates so I could have made an informed decision/choice.

I am considering cancelling and taking my chances on launch day but the risk is I could be waiting a lot longer than 8 weeks if one isn't available on launch day.

At the end of the day it's just a phone and waiting won't affect my life.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 17 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see quite a few customers complaining about live chat on here and to be honest I have used live chat in the past and never got anywhere that's why I don't use live chat and if I have an issue I just call CS or ask here slight_smile

And I agree with you totally about CS being honest about stock/delivery availability. It just looks like the website is a bit behind with updating stock info. And like you said, at the end of the day it's just a phone but still would be nice to receive correct info.

Message 18 of 20

Jeevster
Level 4: Observant
  • 175 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Click and collect has been suspended for now, so that there is not a huge mess in the stores on Friday

Message 19 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered my Iphone 6 64gb Silver in store. My original text/Email said delivery 7th October however the shop assistant assured me I would have it on release day. Sure enough Ihave just recevied a text/email update saying they have my phone and I can collect it tomorrow!

It's amazing what can be achieved using the old fashioned method of going to talk to someone face to face..

Message 20 of 20