cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intrrnational Usage

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am struggling to find a bolt on for the USA for a 4 day trip on a monthly contract - can anyone help please?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

The only problem would be if the theory didn't work, he'd have to be able to get the divert turned off, which I don't know if it could be done from abroad.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I'm using TuGo with a local sim card and having no problems, as long as I'm on wifi all UK calls come through TuGo and saves me carrying two phones around. Never tried it in the States though to be fair.

@BambinoI'm sure this has been tested out previously and found to work ok

One customer did this with using a Skype UK landline number :

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Call-Forwarding-amp-Roaming/m-p/322462/highlight/t...

Message 12 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I'm using TuGo with a local sim card and having no problems, as long as I'm on wifi all UK calls come through TuGo and saves me carrying two phones around. Never tried it in the States though to be fair.

@BambinoI'm sure this has been tested out previously and found to work ok

One customer did this with using a Skype UK landline number :

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Call-Forwarding-amp-Roaming/m-p/322462/highlight/t...

That's really good to know @jonsie Thanks for the input. At least now the OP knows he has two options.

When I'm over in the US I use a local sim, as I don't want my US friends to have to ring the UK to speak to me. But as the OP is only there for four days, he should be able to use TuGo. The only drawback to it is having to be near WiFi. If that's not an incovenience, that's the way he should go. He'd need WiFi to use a Skype number too, I think. If he needs to use his phone while on the move, the call divert option to the Three P&G sim could be the way.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 13