cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Favourites poor service and misleading information

Anonymous
Not applicable

I changed my provider to O2 so that I could use the International Favourites Bolt on, in particular so that my son in Perth Western Australia could use the Call Me number. Having paid for the International Favourites online I then tried to access 'Manage my numbers' the link connected me to a new page which asked me to enter my mobile number to be sent a code to access 'Manage my Numbers' but the web page kept freezing and would not accept my mobile number.  I had to ring O2 from my mobile phone for help but was told that the International Favourites website had not worked for 6 months and they offered to refund the £10 I had paid for my bolt on.  I explained that the only reason I had bought a PAYG O2 sim was to access the International Favourites bolt on and that I had explained this in the shop when I bought the sim.  Only after I had complained about this did O2 customer service assistant on the phone call tell me that he could send me a code and that he could set up my International favourite numbers. He set up my numbers but when I asked him to set up the 'Call me' number I was told that there was no 'Call me' number for Perth WA, the closest city I could get was Melbourne, several thousand miles away! This will NOT be a local call for my son in Perth and it will cost him a considerable amount of money to use that number to 'call me'. 
I am very disappointed with O2;
Firstly the O2 store encouraged me to by a sim card knowing that the only reason I was changing provider to O2 was so that I could use the International Favourites Call Me number for my son to be able to ring me from Perth WA.  They should have known that there was a major problem with the International Favourites webpage and that I would not be able to use it to set up the bolt on and, in particular, that no local 'Call Me' number would be available for Western Australian mobile phones to use to call me.
Secondly, the O2 website should not still be advertising the International Favourites bolt on and should not take a customers money for the bolt on when O2 know that the webpage needed to set it up once they have taken our money does not work.
Thirdly, the O2 website should not show that a Call Me number is available for Australia if it only covers part of that country.  It should be made clear to the customer that this service is not available for Western Australia BEFORE it takes customers' money.
Fourthly, if it is possible for O2 to set up International Favourites by calling O2 customer service this information should be on the O2 website. When a customer phones O2 customer service assistants for help with this they should set up the bolt on straight away instead of telling the customer that the bolt on isn't available because the webpage hasn't worked for 6 months and offering to refund the bolt on fee. A customer shouldn't have to complain about lack of help and poor O2 service in order to get any help from an O2 customer service assistant.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Official complaint link attached http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Can you both not use Skype?

It's completely free if you can......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

If Skype had been an option I would not have bothered to change to 02.  Skype requires internet connection, something that is not always available out in the bush in Australia! Use of the internet also involves a cost.

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

This issue has NOT been solved. In fact it has got worse.  In December the International Favourites stopped working again and I was informed it would be out of service until mid January.  After complaining of paying for a service that was not available O2 refunded the £10 I had paid for that month.  On 2nd Jan O2 took a further £10 from my account for the International Favourites bolt on, despite the fact that the service was still not working.  On the 15th January I had to reset all my International Favourites, including my 'call me' number but at least the bolt on was working again.  Alas, this lasted less than a week.  When I called O2 customer services again today because I couldn't get my International Favourite numbers to work I was informed that the International Favourites Bolt on service had been withdrawn and was no longer available! I asked why customers had not been informec of this and why O2 had taken money from my account for a month's use of a Bolt on when they knew they would be withdrawing the service before the month was up.  Unfortunately the customer service person could not answer these questions for me but then informed me that the Internation Favourites Bolt on would, after all, be available again from 28th February!  WHAT IS GOING ON? Has this service been withdrawn or not? Why don't O2 communicate with their customers?  If there is a problem with a service they are taking money from customers for they should email those customers and inform them. We should not have to keep wasting our time and money making calls to customer service to try to find out why the service is not working and, most certainly O2 should not be taking money for services that they know they are going to withdraw. Come on O2, tell your customers what is going on with the International Favourites Bolt On. Why does the service keep going down? Why don't you email customers to explain when there is a problem with the service? And most importantly, has the International Favourites Bolt on been permanently withdrawn? Or will it be a available again from 29th February?

Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous As you have probably been misinformed re the International Favourites being withdrawn  etc...I will ask the community manager @Toby to get you a definitive answer

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You could try World Chat http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/world-chat
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm Toby, the O2 Head of Community. As you're still having issues, I've removed the solution tag here (Sorry @MI5 ;))

However, as you're struggling to get info from customer service, let me talk to my team and see what the definitive answer is for you.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

I've removed the solution tag here (Sorry @MI5 ;))

Not a major problem as it was a suggestion to help rather than a solution to the problem.

As Perth was mentioned originally it was a viable alternative - there was never any mention of calling "The Bush" previously.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

As Perth was mentioned originally it was a viable alternative - there was never any mention of calling "The Bush" previously.

Yes I was surprised to read that in the second post... ......Smiley Surprised

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

The team would like to investigate this for you. If you're still having issues, could you please send me a private message? We can then take some details and look into it.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 10