cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance

Anonymous
Not applicable
Recently purchased second phone latest Galaxy phone credit agreement for £600. Am paying £6 per month insurance as advised by O2. Phone has been stolen on holiday yet when O2 were contacted they stated cover was for accidental damage only! I was not advised this and will be taking this further when I return home. If not satisfied will cancel both agreements. Have been with O2 for many years and always found service very good. Have never ever claimed before and was informed insurance covered all aspects of the phone. If nothing is resolved will be switching elsewhere.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
As @jonsie said make sure you check the T&Cs of your contract as to which insurance service you signed up for.

You will not be able to leave O2 until your credit agreement has been paid off.

Do not just cancel any direct debits as this can have severe consequences on any future credit requests as any non-payments produce a issue on your credit profile
Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

It does seem a bit grim that you took out insurance and now find you aren't covered for loss of phone. A bit late now but it really does pay to shop around for the best insurance when you have an expensive piece of kit. Mine is with my bank and covers me for pretty much everything.

Also......cancelling your contracts with O2 will bring you nothing but grief if you fail to pay them off....Your credit rating will be affected and you will be the only loser...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144315 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The £6 a month policy only covers accidental damage.
If you want full theft/loss cover it is £12 a month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Easier said than done cancelling w contracts. Be very careful how you go about this.

Message 6 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Surely checking the main points of the policy coverage would have avoided this?

£6 is a very cheap for full cover.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Am I the only one who checks everything they sign up for? I think not. It's no good shouting after the fact when the inevitable happens.

Message 8 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I do too, no point in having insurance without knowing what it covers......

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Funnily enough when I changed my Nationwide account to the flexplus type...and was told I would get free travel insurance as well as phone insurance I did read all the terms and conditions before I left that as it stood. When you have a damn expensive phone you never want to cut corners in my opinion..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10