cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase in Tariff Cost

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone please clarify for me.....

I have received an email to say that the tariff i am on will soon increase in cost.  I took out a 24-month contract with O2, so am shocked to see that the cost is increasing!!  Does this not completely go against the point of having a contract??  All of the terms are clearly stated (i.e. the cost per month, the term, who and when...) and then signed. 

Unless someone is about to copy and paste the tiniest piece of smallprint in the world, i think we're all being had!!  If O2 can increase is by 50p today, can they increase it by £50 tomorrow??

And, if they can make changes, can i change my contract duration to say, 1 month??

Message 1 of 173
172 REPLIES 172

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Breach of contract???

No, it's in the terms of your contract.

More here:

http://www.o2.co.uk/prices

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 61 of 173

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

No chance they'll reduce it.

It's all in the T&Cs please read the discussing you'd of seen that there isn't a breech on contract.

Side note QE4 isn't an impressive thing if anything they haven't done very well on the 3 rounds previous.

The price hike isn't starting until February.

@jefbridges your not going anywhere without a hearty bill unfortunatly. Unless your at the end of your term Already.

@alex brilliant post I couldn't agree more. Majority of these people are probally commission based they couldn't care less about what they sell only that they sell it. (I know some great people in the industry so I don't stereotype them all) I used to love watching watchdog when I was younger they seemed to really get results companies were fearful of even the mention of them, watchdog really are not what they used to be:(

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 62 of 173

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Breach of contract???

erm..... No !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 63 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Where did I say I could (or would) justify the increase? and who's doing the bashing? If you don't like it, leave when your contract is up otherwise, get over it !!

You responded in the manner I expected from you.

You clearly don't know me, I am not the type to "get over" anything until I choose to do so. I am not here to increase my post count and I was hoping you were able to engage in intelligent debate as opposed to cheap shots. Having read your contribution since you posted this, I can see that cheap shots and repetition make up the bulk of your bloated post count.

For those of you not quite following, I am not discussing the size of the increase or how easy it is to manage for our apparent affluent members. I am asking why there is a need for it, the validity of the reasons given for it and the I am questioning the morality of it?

I suppose it is a thing when you get older, you question more and readily accept less.

Be advised, cheap shots will be resisted and I love a challenge! 🙂

Perksie, if that is the size of your increase then you are in the bracket of customer that O2 don't want! 🙂 😉

Message 64 of 173

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Perksie, if that is the size of your increase then you are in the bracket of customer that O2 don't want! 🙂 😉

Hi AF, nice to see you around here, I don't pretend to know how they justify it, so I just guess accounts has told them they need it.

I'm still on a 4 year old tariff on Simplicity so I pay a bit less than most.

Their argument seems to be that as the other networks all did this before and they didn't, it's now their turn.

I do agree they could have kept this until Christmas was over though, very poor by O2 at this time of year.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 65 of 173

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

I've had no email yet so presumably my tariff won't be increasingSmiley Very Happy I wish!:smileysad:

Message 66 of 173

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I guess to some extent it's better knowing 3 months before than only 1 month previous.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 67 of 173

MI5
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
As the average increase is around £1 per month, I wonder how many customers actually go over that amount on their basic tariff charge every month anyway?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 68 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check your junk mail....  that's where my little bombshell was waiting...

It's not so much the increase, it's the way they've communicated it or rather not communicated....

The email is not addressed to me, and bears no indication of which O2 contract tariff they are increasing (I have two phones....), in fact I rang up thinking it was a "phishing" scam..

Customer services were ill prepared to deal with customers about this issue, par for the course I expect, I feel sorry for them as no doubt they've had a few irate ranters to deal with.... 

My contract is due for renewal in July, so for an additional £3 they'll get between now and renewal they've successfully alienated a long standing customer of 15 years.  I'll be looking elsewhere or going back to a one month contract sim only deal.

This is going to end up costing them more in the long run than they make out it, first rule of marketing, it costs more to recruit new customers than to retain existing.  I'd love to know what % increase on churn they'll be reporting after this.

Thanks O2!!

Message 69 of 173

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
My contract is due for renewal in July, so for an additional £3 they'll get between now and renewal they've successfully alienated a long standing customer of 15 years.  I'll be looking elsewhere or going back to a one month contract sim only deal.

Which company will you choose, as they have all done this and some for the second time?

I haven't received one yet jonsie, perhaps our old contracts are exempt?

Message 70 of 173