cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase in Tariff Cost

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone please clarify for me.....

I have received an email to say that the tariff i am on will soon increase in cost.  I took out a 24-month contract with O2, so am shocked to see that the cost is increasing!!  Does this not completely go against the point of having a contract??  All of the terms are clearly stated (i.e. the cost per month, the term, who and when...) and then signed. 

Unless someone is about to copy and paste the tiniest piece of smallprint in the world, i think we're all being had!!  If O2 can increase is by 50p today, can they increase it by £50 tomorrow??

And, if they can make changes, can i change my contract duration to say, 1 month??

Message 1 of 173
172 REPLIES 172

Anonymous
Not applicable
You won't be able to use that as an excuse as O2 will want you to pay up your contract, its only an extra few pence a month
Message 171 of 173

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I don't think you'll have that option with O2s T&Cs.

It's a shame you feel this way but not everyone can be happy I guess. I'm fine with the price rise as long as I continue to receive the same service I have over the past 5 years. 3.2% is nothing compared to the hikes in other utility bills since the "recession". If I could I'd switch water supplier but I can't. As for the gas its a joke. Thankfully I don't need electricity as my house is covered in pvc (benefits of being a sparky). If gas rises any further it may well be prudent to invest in butane bottles under the stove.

All these services raise prices yearly yet it doesn't cost them more to produce the same service. There's the real problem that is greed.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 172 of 173

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I'm now locking this thread, as the discussion has veered off course.

Cheers

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 173 of 173