cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase in Tariff Cost

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone please clarify for me.....

I have received an email to say that the tariff i am on will soon increase in cost.  I took out a 24-month contract with O2, so am shocked to see that the cost is increasing!!  Does this not completely go against the point of having a contract??  All of the terms are clearly stated (i.e. the cost per month, the term, who and when...) and then signed. 

Unless someone is about to copy and paste the tiniest piece of smallprint in the world, i think we're all being had!!  If O2 can increase is by 50p today, can they increase it by £50 tomorrow??

And, if they can make changes, can i change my contract duration to say, 1 month??

Message 1 of 173
172 REPLIES 172

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143183 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:

I believe your math is flawed. No offence intended.

but it sounds much better to rant about the other way wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 51 of 173

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha indeed.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 52 of 173

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
I work in the B2B side of the industry and what we have been advised is that companies on standard business tariffs will be affected, but larger accounts who negotiated a bespoke package will not be affected.

It isn't very clear at this stage tho' but will hopefully know more soon.

ewan
Message 53 of 173

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Cheers for that ewanrw, always good to get an inside perspective.

I think people shouldn't worry as much about the inflation as they should about this;

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/software/government-to-rewrite-terrifying-web-monitoring-bill-50009955/

If a form of this gets passed ours right to privacy is gone, also whom do you think will be footing the bill that will result as ISP and telecoms are forced to keep all this data?

So no privacy and more expensive bills? Sort out the priorities:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 54 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

they put my bill up im leaving, 02 used to be amazing for customer support now they just dont care, im out of here

Message 55 of 173

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

they put my bill up im leaving, 02 used to be amazing for customer support now they just dont care, im out of here

Let us know which company you are moving to as they have all done this, O2 is just the latest.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 56 of 173

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143183 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Of course you are free to talk with your feet and leave if that's how you feel, but as every other mobile provider has also put their prices up I don't follow the logic, sorry. Be sure to come back and let us know how you get on.... wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 57 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

A few weeks ago BBC Watchdog visited a number of phone stores. Both 3rd party retail and also network branded stores. 

They asked the question?

Was the monthly tariff price fixed for the duration of the contract? 

Not one of the stores said no. 

Frankly I can't stand the program and I think the days of companies being worried by the word "watchdog" have long gone. 

However I does seams that people selling mobile phone contracts are a bit unsure of the standard terms and conditions.

Alex

Message 58 of 173

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
However I does seams that people selling mobile phone contracts are a bit unsure of the standard terms and conditions.

Alex

You're right, the knowledge of some is terrible, the only answer is to read the terms for yourself as even if they tell you something which is wrong, only the terms will apply.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 59 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can O2 actually be increasing thier tariffs by 3.2% and expect thier consumers to believe its an inflation based rise! 

The Bank of England is going through all sorts of fiscal stimulus to try and increase the money supply to the economy!? Month on month since November 2011 the Retail price index has decreased from 5% (excluding 1 month). The U.S. are on QE4!

How can O2 justify that Octobers RPI figure of 3.2% is a valid figure for a depressed economy.  I'm assuming that once the RPI falls below 3.2% we'll all be having our bill reduced?

Breach of contract???

Message 60 of 173