cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impulse pay scam

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I've just checked my bill and there's £30 (5x£6) unexpected charges on it.

I've spoken to a nice but stunningly unhelpful tech on their online chat and it's a company called 'impulse pay'

I've never heard of this but a bit of googling shows they are a 'click to buy' service that can bill your account if you follow a link.

I've never knowingly done that.

The advice from the O2 guru is to 'turn off data when I'm not using it' which obviously won't make a scrap of difference.

I'm going in to an O2 store tomorrow to get this removed and block it from happening again if possible.

Does anyone have experience if this or any advice on how I can resolve this?
Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If regular CS can't offer any more info you might have to get complaints involved for a more though investigation http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Have a quick search of the forum - It's come up before and much advice given.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 17

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
A recent thread here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Help-after-being-Scammed/m-p/703899/highlight/tr...

Currently using:
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

It is aweful when this occurs.

Look here http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk

And ask O2 to place a bar on your account called - Charge to Mobile (Direct to Bill ,so hopefully things like this cannot happen again.
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @MI5 - I did see that thread but they got a text so they could report a number to phonepayplus. I haven't had a text about it at all 😞
Message 5 of 17

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Just report the company and any other details that appear on your bill.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Impulse pay is just the payment method (like Paypal) - There must be a company behind it taking the money via this method
https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=impulse+pay

Currently using:
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck with this and perhaps let us know how you get on.
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5 - my bill just says 'items bought £6' and the guru could only tell me 'Impulse Pay' - I'll keep investigating 😞
Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@MI5 - my bill just says 'items bought £6' and the guru could only tell me 'Impulse Pay' - I'll keep investigating 😞

You might have to contact Impulse Pay for more details off them - There must be a reference number or something......???

Currently using:
Message 10 of 17