cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone insurance claim

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have also had a really bad experiance with 02 insure which forced me to cancel the insurance after many years with them.

i have been an 02 costermer for about 10 years no and its always been the best provider for me which is slightly dissapointing now because i will be obliged to leave when my contract is up and sign with a different provider as im not insured and dont want to ever use 02 insure.

basically i left my iphone in a taxi and didnt end up getting it back even tho the police were still investigating this and i had a crime number 02 insure informed me they cannot help me.

the exact words were " we feel youre iphone was not secured to youre person and this is through my own neglagence ".

surely this is what my insurance is for and accedental loss is covered.

considering the amount off money i wasted on my insurance for many years im pritty sure i will not make this mistake again. I pay to cover my phone and dont feel as if im pretected so i was left with a sim card and £500 down because off buying a new handset.

some advice if your not going to have your mobile chained to your person then i would cancel the insurance.

As i went through the process i was make aware that 02 insure is a outside company to 02 costermer services just hopefully 02 will work with this company more to provide a better service to its loyal costermers.

thanks

william

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Depending on the date you took out the policy, loss does appear to be covered, so there must be a reason why they're not paying out.

You can also make a complaint about O2 Insure here:

If You remain dissatisfied with Our response, You can approach the Financial Ombudsman Service
(FOS) for assistance. The FOS contact details are FOS, South Quay, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR
Phone: 0800 023 4567 Email: complaint.info@financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Depending on the date you took out the policy, loss does appear to be covered, so there must be a reason why they're not paying out.

You can also make a complaint about O2 Insure here:

If You remain dissatisfied with Our response, You can approach the Financial Ombudsman Service
(FOS) for assistance. The FOS contact details are FOS, South Quay, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR
Phone: 0800 023 4567 Email: complaint.info@financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 2