cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think o2 are stealing from me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

I have a pay as you go, which I pretty much only use for text messages. In fact, thats 99.9% of my usage. the other .1% is a very rare call to the better half, rare as rocking horse...  I have data allowance which I occasionally use but my phone is hooked up to the home wifi if I surf which doesn't cost. I have 150 mins of calls which nearly never use and unlimited texts.

A couple of weeks ago, I had to top up another tenner, extra to my normal £10 to keep my account going every month, because a mate was flying over from Italy, and I needed the credit to text her when she arrived at the airport. All tickedy bo, no probs there.

Only a week ago, 2 weeks after I topped up the extra, I noticed my extra money was slowly trickling away. This has happened before, years ago when I had extra credit. But this time I am 100% certain I have not used my phone for anything that wasn't in my allowance. Just in the last week, I have lost more money.  Month after month, I don't even use my allowed minutes, leaving them untouched.  I just use it for texts which are unlimited.

So I contacted o2 today. Apparently I have called a government helpline, and I have sent a picture message. This is just not true, I have done neither of these things, of which I am completely certain.  I can't stress that enough, I just do not use my phone for these things, I can't afford it!

Another gripe is so I have to now pay £10 to get a copy of an itemised bill to see what's going on. Surely this is illegal? Freedom of information etc, why should I have to pay for something that used to be free on o2, and is still free from other deals and networks? 

Any thoughts be welcome.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thoughful

Message 11 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

You mention emoji's ....have a look at this help link (Credit to @MI5)

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p/689503

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Hmn..government help line? Is it possible you called a number covered by your allowance but they then transferred you to an 0845 or such number? Clutching at straws here....

Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is an interesting example of something that has been reported in the telegraph and the Daily Mail. Basically users saying they did not do something and the phone companies saying they did and they have proof.. a couple of cases have involved users being away other side of the world with their phone but charges being applied for things in the UK.. any way both papers are looking for examples like yours as this is not an unusual report..
the corporate response of you must have done it or someone done it with out you knowing cos we never make mistakes... well I leave it to you as to how much credence you place on this. Its a trust thing. O2 better be right that you rang a gov line and send a picture message.. if they are wrong as you believe that is something else. .. stealing would not be too strong a word.    

Message 14 of 14