O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Pay Monthly and Pay & Go

Level 2: Apprentice
TheMentalist
Accepted Solution

I have a problem as a low user on pay as you go

Well I can't get my head round all this threads,messages and forums. All I wanted to do was find some things out from O2. But Ill run it passed you perhaps you could send me on the right path. I have had a pay as you go phone for about 5Years, I can make phone calls on it and that's all, I can't stand texting. I have to top up the phone every 3 months with £10. as you can now tell I don't make many phone calls. The trouble is every time I try to top up the phone with a credit card the credit card company now stops my credit card. I have be told that I can get a pay as you go top up card. But from where and how does it work. I keep getting texts every time I make a call telling me my balance or if it's a free call, which is very annoying Bing Bing Bing. I tried to stop it by texting stop to a number and it tuck £3.50 off my credit. It stopped for a month then started again. I also get texts telling me that if I top up £15 I will get 100Mb of free Internet. If I call 2220 I can stop these texts but after taking to a machine for 15 minuets pushing buttons on the key pad drives you round the twist. ( My 1st mobile phone was the size of two bricks and calls cost £1.50 a min with a battery life of 4hrs.Before that it was them tall square glass boxes on street corners with a phone and a pay box with buttons A & B ) Any chance you could help. Regards Colin.

Please use plain text.
perksie
Topics: 229
Solutions: 1,536

Re: I have a problem as a low user on pay as you go

[ Edited ]

The only reason you would have to top up every 3 months is to get the broadband discount.

Various ways to top up:

http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/tariffs/topup/webtopup

I believe balance texts can be turned off if you ring O2.

Please support the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal to send help to the Philippines.
Text DEC to 70000 (free text) to donate £5 or online: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Legacy O2 Simplicity 20 - O2 Wallet - Nexus 4 Android 4.4.4
Please use plain text.
bandofbrothers
Topics: 806
Solutions: 1,905

Re: I have a problem as a low user on pay as you go

Do you feel a little better after your rant !

Lol.

A little bit of patience is needed here as your aware of all the steps you need to follow to resolve your gripes.

Take care.

MacBook Air 11” Core i5 1.6GHz 4GB 128GB •1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5.

iPhone 5s ~ iOS 7.1.2
iPad Air ~ iOS 7.1.2.

Support Uk O2 Jobs.
Mea familia est mea vita.
Please use plain text.