cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I did not want big bundle as I am already using favourite place & have bt broadband!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought a new phone with compulsory £10 top up. O2 then took £10 and gave me a big bundle. Not helpful as I already have P&G favourite place and unlimited Broadband wi BT. Why can I not speak to an advisor? really P*****D off.

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144359 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I bought a new phone with compulsory £10 top up. O2 then took £10 and gave me a big bundle. Not helpful as I already have P&G favourite place and unlimited Broadband wi BT. Why can I not speak to an advisor? really P*****D off.

If you had just upgraded you wouldn't have paid an additional £10 and you could have just used your original sim card and carried on completely the same.

In fact, unless you have transferred your number to the new tariff you can just put your old sim back in the phone and carry on as before.

If the sim is the wrong size for the phone you can get a free sim swap.

Any O2 HighStreet Store can perform the swap in store or a person can take the SIM card home or request one via O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG. 8002 for Business -> http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Sim Swap link -> http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk
Be sure to ask for an Account Specific Blank SIM card as Contract and Pay As You Go versions hold different information.
The Service will stop on the original SIM card which indicates the swap has started. Turning the phone Off and On , or if applicable switching airplane mode On and Off ,with the new SIM card in every 20 minutes or so will typically help the connection to settle.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can speak to an adviser. Call 4445 from your payg mobile.
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I've had that issue which live chat resolved for me.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 3 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23077 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally I agree. I won't advise Live Chat for anything. But having advised the OP to phone as they want to "speak" to an advisor I think the job was done.

But I 1 million per cent agree with you re Live Chat.
Message 5 of 15

Bambino
  • 23077 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Personally I agree. I won't advise Live Chat for anything. But having advised the OP to phone as they want to "speak" to an advisor I think the job was done.

But I 1 million per cent agree with you re Live Chat.

Thank you.

It was not my intention to veer off-topic, but I was not the one who initiated it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
😆😆😆😆

Maybe one day o2 will see it.

But in the meantime the OP asked if they could speak to an advisor and they can on 4445. If they chose Live Chat and it ask goes wrong then heaven help them.
Message 7 of 15

Bambino
  • 23077 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

I highly doubt that O2 will ever change their tack. They have two cheap sources of labour. Live Chat....and us.

I hope the OP can eventually speak to CS. By the way @Anonymous I flagged the other thread the OP started on the same topic because your mention to Toby wasn't typed correctly.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ooops well spotted. Thank you. Appreciate that 😆

As for cheap labour, well I fully expectBT to announce tomorrow their intention to acquire o2 in which case there is likely to be more off shore live chat services not less.
Message 9 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144359 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

If you had just upgraded you wouldn't have paid an additional £10 and you could have just used your original sim card and carried on completely the same.

In fact, unless you have transferred your number to the new tariff you can just put your old sim back in the phone and carry on as before.

If the sim is the wrong size for the phone you can get a free sim swap.

Any O2 HighStreet Store can perform the swap in store or a person can take the SIM card home or request one via O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG. 8002 for Business -> http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Sim Swap link -> http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk
Be sure to ask for an Account Specific Blank SIM card as Contract and Pay As You Go versions hold different information.
The Service will stop on the original SIM card which indicates the swap has started. Turning the phone Off and On , or if applicable switching airplane mode On and Off ,with the new SIM card in every 20 minutes or so will typically help the connection to settle.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 15