O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner
gillwest251

Huge Simplicity bill!!!

My bill this month is £96 as opposed to the £21 or so that I have been paying for the past 12 months.
Before I took out my contract I was advised by the sales person in my local O2 shop to sign up on-line in order to benefit from the latest offer. She also told me that the contract would automatically continue to run after the 12 month mandatory period.
However,I have just seen on MyO2 that my 'renewal' date was in January and that I am now being charged 12p per text message.
Has anyone else had a similar experience or can anyone give me some advice before I ring them tomorrow?!?!
Please use plain text.
Krazykel

Re: Huge Simplicity bill!!!

From the looks of your bill charge I would say that ypu have gone over your allowence. Are you on the old simplicity with a text bundle or the new ones with unlimited texts
Please use plain text.
Level 9: Fired up
Beaufighter

The only experience you are having is that you have run up a big bill, I think there must be quite a lot of us who've done that :smileyvery-happy:
You seem to be assuming that your package has somehow changed because the 12 months has run out. It won't have. You must have done something differently. Can you post a breakdown of the charges as they appear on your bill? FYI, texts are 12p each where they aren't covered by your allowance. If your 12 months ended in January you may well be on a 500 SMS allowance that you have gone over.
Very rarely you might get charged for messages in error, if you can post things like the allowance you have and the total of messages sent plus how much you've been charged for messages alone, we should be able o help you make sense of it.
The online bill is excellent for viewing a breakdown of what each charge is for.
Please use plain text.
gillwest251

The old one, but I havent sent any more texts than I usually would.
Please use plain text.
Level 9: Fired up
Beaufighter

Actual figures would be useful, then I can work it out for you.
If it's an old one please try to post the following
How many texts, how much charged?
How many mms, how much charged?
Any texts sent to abroad, how much charged?
Any interactive services received, how much charged,?
Etc for each section
There must be something that has triggered this charge, if ou can put the details I'm sure I can explain it before you call them, you may be able to ask for a recalc or a refund if it is incorrect as, very rarely, it can be.
Please use plain text.
gillwest251

Thanks for making me look at the past bills.
This is actually a phone that my son uses and it would appear that he has gone over the allowance by 617 texts!!
Someone is in for a right roasting!!!
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
AshleyUk

Unless he goes abroad much, your definitely want to get him changed over to the new tariffs. 500 texts isn't alot in today's world.
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
sb1910

in future just advise him to use 21202 :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Meh
Level 4: Observant
Meh

in future just advise him to use 21202 :smileyhappy:

^this, or bookmark the My O2 Account bit on O2 Active (if you bookmark it and go straight there it's free).
Please use plain text.