cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check charges for roaming

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Made a trip to Turkey, my wife told me to switch off roaming as it was very expensive. Checked O2 online and saw charges were for data downloading. I checked my mails 3 times while I was away and browsed maybe 3 times just to check web pages quickly.

I have charges of £26 and £13 on my bill. How can i check where these amounts have occured from?

Online chat is rubbish just get message "cant initialize"

anyone had charges like this?

Thanks

Sam 

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apps updating and location based apps such as weather all work in the back round.

That's why it's better turning off mobile data in your phones settings and only use available wifi.

This shows you the charges http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Sam.

Ring O2 O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG.
Message 2 of 14

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Sounds About right, as well as checking your emails and browsing a few pages, your phone will have immediately synced as much data as required within the time.
Your wife was wise with her advice I'm afraid.
Message 3 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

And sadly Turkey is renowned for its extremely high data roaming charges slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just looking online... should I have got a warnig text of charges at £20?

Where did the data come from thats alot of MB usage for tiny tasks?

Thanks all

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apps updating and location based apps such as weather all work in the back round.

That's why it's better turning off mobile data in your phones settings and only use available wifi.

This shows you the charges http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this...what of the warning text of £20 is this not in force?

Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know of an option where an end user can Send a txt to O2 to increase spending but I'm no sure without checking the T&C about O2 sending a text.

Where have you seen this ? Can you add a link to that information.
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15219675

Operators now must warn customers once they have reached certain limits. O2 sends its customers worldwide a text once they have spent £20 on data, again after they have spent £40, and automatically caps the data service once users have downloaded 50 megabytes.

Message 9 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You would have to call 202 to ask why you didn't receive your texts unless you have opted out of O2 contacting you?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 14