cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change pay monthly tariff without upgrading??

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you can, how do you change your tariff without upgrading your phone and paying any more than your bill: I'm on a O2 Refresh tariff, but I only get 500mbs of data every month. But it's not enough, I have been thinking about changing my tariff since I upgraded my phone from the galaxy note to the Samsung galaxy S5, because I need more data but I can't find anything that tells you how to do it or whether it's possible. My contract is a 24 month one (I can upgrade every 24 months) I upgraded near Christmas 2014 so I can't upgrade until 2016, but can I still change my tariff so it fits my needs better.

I want a tariff along the lines of:
2gbs Data
Calls (doesn't have to be unlimited but that would be preffered)
Texts (doesn't have to be unlimited but that would be preffered)

Thanks
Carmen.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

You should be able to change your data bolt on amount in MyO2. Otherwise give CS a call, you can always increase your data allowances, but you can't always downgrade.

Increasing your data allowance will increase your bill amount though.

You can also change to a tariff with unlimited calls and texts if required

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

You should be able to change your data bolt on amount in MyO2. Otherwise give CS a call, you can always increase your data allowances, but you can't always downgrade.

Increasing your data allowance will increase your bill amount though.

You can also change to a tariff with unlimited calls and texts if required

Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Is your refresh contract at an end? If so then just change to a sim only contract. If not you can upgrade your tariff to a more preferable one without upgrading the phone. Look in My O2 or call customer service for your options. 

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Your other option is to pay off the device plan and switch to a sim only simplicity tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Carmen @Anonymous I hope you find the advice above useful, let us know what have you decided to do. Welcome to the community!
Message 5 of 5