cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel my "My O2" online account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi at O2,

I'm no longer resident in the UK, nor do I have any plans on returning in the future. I have an old (still active) Pay & Go number I no longer need, that I would like cancel. I would also like to terminate my "My O2" online account, as I won't be needing it any longer.

Cheers,

/O

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
As Bambino says and as I have already pointed out in my first reply.

You can't do it here as we are all customers.

So if you don't want to make a call and not just let the account become defunct you could try Live Chat.

http://www.o2.co.uk/mobile/contactus

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ring 02 from abroad +44 7860 980 202

If you don't make a chargeable call within 6 months the sim will deactivate anyway.

Log out of the forum if you wish.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the quick response, but I'd prefer (a) not to need to call an expensive foreign (from here) number, and (b) nevertheless also be able to cancel the "My O2" online account, so that I can no longer log in at o2.co.uk.
Message 3 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Be aware that the number bandofbrothers has given to you would be charged to you on an international rate, so if you do nothing it will eventually all disappear anyway. Just don't log in. If no one knows your password the account will just remain dormant until it expires.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
As Bambino says and as I have already pointed out in my first reply.

You can't do it here as we are all customers.

So if you don't want to make a call and not just let the account become defunct you could try Live Chat.

http://www.o2.co.uk/mobile/contactus
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry then, my bad. Quick search for forum posts indicated that others had got their similar-sounding requests noted by some form of O2 moderator or some such, and I therefore thought this was an appropriate channel for trying to do so. Will try Live Chat, thanks. 🙂
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries.

We have no access to peoples accounts here.

Sorry.
Message 7 of 7