O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner
bearman3784

How long to receive new customer sim?

Ordered a simplicity sim last week, still hasn't arrived :smileymad: how long do these take to arrive normally? nice to see o2 have also started billing me from my order date so im paying for nothing effectively :womanindifferent:
Please use plain text.
Level 3: Ponderer
DonDino2

Simplicity SIMs are supposed to come in the normal post, so you need to check when they posted it and if it's been more than a week, then report it as lost (or nicked?) in the post so they can disable it and send you a new one.

One time they screwed up with mine. They sent the simplicity SIM by recorded/courier delivery, and no card was left, so effectively I had no idea it was waiting for me to collect it from the post office! After I told them off on the phone, they confirmed that this was a mistake as simplicity SIMs aren't supposed to be sent on recorded, but only on standard post.
Please use plain text.
DaveC
Topics: 23
Kudos: 77
Solutions: 24

Of course the Post Office don't consider anything as 'lost' till 14 WORKING days have past.

Let O2 know though as you don't want call charges if it has been stolen.
To contact O2 click "Contact us" at the bottom of any O2 page, and click the service you need, or wait for "Live Chat" to appear.

Mobile since 1993
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
TomH01

I ordered mine on Tuesday and was told it would be with me the following day, when I use track my order it shows it was posted on the Tuesday by first class post, it's now Friday and still no sim card.
Please use plain text.
Level 5: Ponderer
Jawswing

Sims are sent by Royal Mail which isn't great. You should have received it already, however, it may have been lost (don't worry it isn't an active sim as you need to call them to activate a SIM card anyway) or the credit check may have been refused.
Call them, if it went through without a credit check problem, they can always send you a new sim card.
Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
bearman3784

well it turned up saturday, by courier :smileyindifferent:
also simplicity sims are already activated when you receive them
glad i got simplicity though, o2 and 3g reception sucks :robotmad:
Please use plain text.
Level 5: Ponderer
Jawswing

well it turned up saturday, by courier :smileyindifferent:
also simplicity sims are already activated when you receive them
glad i got simplicity though, o2 and 3g reception sucks :robotmad:

On the upgrading section I know that they are sent through Royal Mail and are never activated I wasn't aware the new connections were different. The 3G is abit poor, they are improving it though, I've recently started getting a bit of 3G which I never used to, but it is unreliable at the minute.
Please use plain text.