Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is this 'Pay as you go'?

Skyrim
Level 1: Joiner
  • 43 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just bought an O2 PAYG phone. I am using it primarily for wifi internet access and sending the occasional text. I will rarely make calls from it unless I'm outside and need a taxi, which isn't very often, or if I'm away from home. The phone has Skype and Whatsapp, which are free over wifi. So, the tariff isn't important. What's important is that I can make a call or send a text whenever I want as long as there's enough credit.

I've just discovered to my dismay that the free minutes and texts expire 30 days after I put my credit on. The whole point of getting a PAYG phone was so that I could just stick some credit on and forget about it until it ran out. I do NOT want to have to make regular monthly payments. I would have got a contract if that were the case.

Two questions:

1) What happens after 30 days? Is my £10 credit gone forever? Will I need to put another £10 credit on if I'm going to be able to make a call or send a text?

2) Does O2 have a tariff that just lets me put on credit and use it up as I go, like every other PAYG I've had?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions