cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer contact numbers from my SIM card to my phone please?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Last December, I dropped my mobile in the bath - it didn't like it of course. Not long afterwards (& unconnected) I had a gall stones problem and was in hospital for a week. My family kindly bought me a s/h Nokia and somehow were able to transfer some but not all contact numbers to it. It didn't some with a handbook and it seems every number I've saved since then went to O2's "cloud", meaning I probably have numbers on my phone, my SIM card and in the cloud. My family have now bought me a new replacement phone as a gift, but not from O2. So (for now) I'm leaving O2. I've got my PAC code but the excellent adviser (Jimmy) said I must make sure all my contact numbers are stored on the phone. How do I do that, please? Or should I ask on a Nokia forum? PS I only use my phone for texting and phone calls so all this 3G, 4G etc leaves me cold. As I post this, my wife is nearby, texting, gaming and emailing on her I-Phone.
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Go into your contacts app and copy all sim contacts to phone. Once on the phone, make a back up with Nokia PC Suite.
Once you have the back up on your PC you can transfer it to any phone you want.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Go into your contacts app and copy all sim contacts to phone. Once on the phone, make a back up with Nokia PC Suite.
Once you have the back up on your PC you can transfer it to any phone you want.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Oh and @Anonymous with regards to your last sentence about your wife? Good for her....Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 93225 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Oh and @Anonymous with regards to your last sentence about your wife? Good for her....Happy Dance

You mean she's neglecting you. ...LOL

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Downloaded the Nokia program but then realised that I can't use it as my mobile hasn't got a USB port - it's that old.

Saved contacts to my sim card, put that in the new phone to save to my laptop but it's locked to Tesco Mobile. So I'll have to do them all by hand - and the sun is now shining!

I continue to have problems logging in - it always fails the first time, bringing up the standard "website cannot be found" when I looged into my account and when I accessed here via Help. [i.e. via http://www.o2.co.uk/ https://accounts.o2.co.uk/]

Perhaps it's because Norton Identity Safe/Vault?

Anyway, thanks for your fantastic support - just waiting for Tesco to process my PAC request so it's weird not having my old mobile tinkling away! Au revoir.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Stick around mate - It's been nice having you here slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93225 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

By the time you've finished you will be as proficient as a shorthand typist Hero

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

By the time you've finished you will be as proficient as a shorthand typist Hero

Shorthand typist?....Blimey there's a blast from the past...Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93225 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Shorthand typist?....Blimey there's a blast from the past...Bouncy

That's where I live....

Message 9 of 9