O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner
JohnON

How do I delete my online account?

Came to use my O2 pay & Go phone for the first time in 7 months and find the sim has been de-activated and the money in my account (nearly £20) has been "purloined" (OK, I should have read the small print).

But, to add insult to injury, my online account is still active - so how do I delete it, please.
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
ice_ma1den

hello sorry u have lost your credit would o2 not put it on your new sim ? and your online account will not be able to be deleated sorry
Jue x
Please use plain text.
JohnON

I discovered the O2 coverage was pretty poor around my house (where the phone would normally be "in residence") which is why I stopped using it and went back to my T-Mobile phone. Initially the plan was to move to O2 and migrate my broadband to them as well.

As I have no wish for O2 to retain my details, there must be something in the Data Protection Act about getting this sort of account deleted - I'll let you know how I get on!
Please use plain text.
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
prking

Surely you just phone or email customer services?
No - there isn't an app for it.
Please use plain text.
Siwan

Re: How do I delete my online account?

I am tring to delete a pay&go account so that I can access my direct debit account.  Have tried "chat" with about 6 people and they say I cannot do it.  anyone help?

Please use plain text.