cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I complain about Live Chat?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Today I had an increddibly bad experience with o2's Live Chat and I'd like to complain - how do I go about it? Is there a particular email I can contact?

For anyone interested in how the conversation went:

Welcome to O2. Someone will be with you soon.

You're through to 'Ross'

Ross: Hi I'm Ross. How can I help?

Findlay Dunsmore: Hi Ross

Findlay Dunsmore: I spoke with someone on Live Chat on 21/07/13 to ask that my upcoming bill be debited from my bank account no earlier than 01/08/13 as there would be no funds in my bank account to cover the amount due. The advisor I spoke with said it wasn’t a problem and made me aware that my service won’t be disrupted so long as I made payment on 01/08/13. However, £46.20 has been debited from my bank account today which has resulted in an ‘unauthorised overdraft’ fee £25.00. I am very angry about this - if the person I spoke with had not advise me that the new payment agreement would not be a problem, I could have made alternative arrangements for funds to be in my bank account to cover the bill – which would have avoided the bank charge.

Findlay Dunsmore: Can you explain why this has happened?

Ross: Give me a moment while I understand your query Findlay.

Findlay Dunsmore: No problem

Ross: Thank you for waiting Findlay.

Ross: I am very sorry to say that the change of Direct debit was not done on your account.

Ross: So it was charged Findlay.

Ross: You can mail your bank statement to this mail id Consumerappeals@O2.com.

Ross: They will provide you with the refund Findlay.

Findlay Dunsmore: OK, I will email them a copy of my bank statement when I can

Findlay Dunsmore: can you explain why this has happened when I was advised that debit date would be changed?

Ross: The adviser had tried to change it but it result in failure Findlay.

Ross: I am sorry for the inconvenience Findlay.

Findlay Dunsmore: Why wasn't I made aware of the failure?

Ross: Sorry Findlay the adviser tried to contact but he was unable to reach you.

Findlay Dunsmore: By which means did he try to contact me?

Findlay Dunsmore: By email, phone or post?

Ross: By chat Findlay.

Ross: Previous history says it was disconnected.

Findlay Dunsmore: He tried to contact me by chat after making me aware that the changes to my acount had been made? Also after we concluded the conversation?

Ross: Dont worry Findlay they will surly refund your amount.

Findlay Dunsmore: Why would he try to contact me by chat after the conversation had been concluded?

Ross: Please bare with us Findlay.

Ross: Actualy due to technical issue the agent was not able to change the date Findlay.

Findlay Dunsmore: If that is the case, I would like to ask why I was advised that the changes had been made? Also, why was I not made aware of the error?

Ross: I am sorry for the inconvenience caused Findlay.

Ross: Surely you will be credited back with the amount.

Ross: I assure you that Findlay.

Findlay Dunsmore: why was I advised that the changes had been made if they had not been? Why was I not made aware of the error?

Findlay Dunsmore: I would like an explanation please

Ross: Sorry Findlay I know how frustrated you feel.

Findlay Dunsmore: Why was I advised that the changes had been made if they had not been? Why was I not made aware of the error? I would like an explanation please

Ross: I'm really sorry that this has happened Findlay. The Direct debit date change can happen only in the next bill.

Ross: That has caused this situation.

Ross: I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Findlay Dunsmore: If that is the case, why was I advised that the changes had been made to the upcoming debit if it wasn't possible?

Ross: The advisor has raised the request. But unfortunately, it couldn't be done within the bill cycle itself.

Findlay Dunsmore: I understand that. What I would like to know is... 1) why was I advised that the changes had been made when they had not been? 2) Why did o2 not contact me to make me aware that a mistake had been made?

Hold that thought. You're not connected yet.

Notice I was simply disconnected!!

I've uploaded a screenshot to my DropBox account: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49831054/o2-screen.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Fin

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply Jonsie.

Folowing that link it seems like my only options are to contact o2 via Phone, Letter, or ironically, via Live Chat. Is there any way possible to get in touch with o2 via email?

Am I able to use the email given to me on Live Chat; Consumerappeals@O2.com?

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

There is a link for the independent complaint review service:

Complaints Review Service, or click here.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I know this is an OLD old thread, but it was the first one that came up on google search for the email address Consumerappeals@O2.com

I too have had this problem, and was told to scan in the letter from the bank detailing the charges as a result of O2's error and send too that email.
Message back today:

This is an internal O2 email address for customer service managers to use to query credits

We do not deal with customer queries

Apologises if you have been given this email address to use but you have been misinformed

You will need to contact your customer service department to discuss your query

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
The only email address I know of that is currently in use by O2 for customers to submit information to is BusinessTOO@o2.com
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you need to contact o2 @Anonymous then you will need to call them on 202 from an o2 mobile (contract) or 0344 809 0202 from any mobile or landline.

Is there anything we can assist with?
Message 7 of 7