cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Second sim swap has failed

Anonymous
Not applicable

My contract is up for renewal and I decided to keep my old iPhone 3 but change the contract and bolt on an iPad too. The shop did the sim swap for me and within a short period of time my old sim because de-activated, however I got a No Service message on the new - despite regular turning off and on, the new sim didn't activate (so now old sim and new sim both showing No Service). Called O2 3 days later, a second sim was sent out. Used the chat to get the 2nd sim activated tonight and was told it was put through as a priority and should be working in 10 to 15 mins time - still not working an hour and a half later. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It may be that the account hasn't been provisioned properly so I would think the best thing you can do would be to contact CS to get it checked.
I'd recommend calling in tomorrow rather than using live chat but you can always give them a go and follow up with a call tomorrow.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Have you got a data only iPad sim or a phone sim?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I've got two sims, data only on the iPad and a phone sim (the phone sim is the sim where the swap has failed).

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Right, OK....
Are you sure the phone account is still active?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I've just been looking at it in My O2 - however it does say:

Device details

This information is not available at the moment. Please try again later.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

The store changed me over to the following which is showing on my O2:

Tariff

£20.00 per month

O2 Simplicity ultd 12M 2GB 4G

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It may be that the account hasn't been provisioned properly so I would think the best thing you can do would be to contact CS to get it checked.
I'd recommend calling in tomorrow rather than using live chat but you can always give them a go and follow up with a call tomorrow.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

that's great, I'll try that. Thanks!

Message 8 of 8