cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Can't phone O2 and live chat not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable
im in France at the moment and there's a call bar on my number that means I can't phone O2. I can receive calls and the Internet works but I cannot make calls (pop up tells me call are barred). I managed to get my sister in England to call O2 yesterday and they said they had requested the bar be removed and it would take between 2 and 24 hours but 25 hours later it is still there. What can I do?

I have tried re-booting my phone every two hours..
Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

If you can't get through on live chat (it's available right now for me in Thailand!)

then I can only suggest you call from a landlines on

From abroad+44 3448090202

Message 2 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Use a landline and ring the number given by @jonsie Live Chat have a poor reputation with account based issues. Remember to tell the person you speak to that your sister made the call yesterday and you are still waiting for the bar to be lifted. Emphasise that you are abroad....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

Do you know the reason for the bar? It's sounds like a high usage bar...Did you get any txt messages from O2 about your roaming charges? If that is the case the bars cannot be removed until you make a payment ( even if the advisor removed the bars, they will just go back on). I would advise you to call the number given on the other post and not webchat. That number is free from any O2 mobile. Hope this helps. slight_smile

Message 4 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
No high usage I have the £1.99 a day unlimited data. As an update, while I was on live chat, my sim was blocked completely. I now have no phone and no data and no texts. I'm furious. No way of phoning O2. Good job my Vodafone iPad works.

What a rubbish service...
Message 5 of 53

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Have you tried manually selecting a different network?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I've tried all that. The sim is definitely blocked. I deal with cell phones as part of my job so I know what to try.
Message 7 of 53

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Did you're phone work at all properly when you first arrived? O2 have for some reason bated the account but only they can explain themselves. It's not a high usage issue so that only leaves a payment issue or they believe the phone lost/stolen or its been done in error by an adviser which happens occasionally. 

Message 8 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

What error message are you getting when you try to dial out?

If you had a non payment bar (late payment) you wouldn't be able to use data, High usage is also caused by made and received calls, also data has a 40.00 cap by default so it wouldn't trigger any bars... I have to admit high usage usually block all they can think of although they can bar just outgoing calls...

What phone are you using?Have you tried a manual search for network and do all networks give you the same error?

Message 9 of 53

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes, I've tried all that. The sim is definitely blocked. I deal with cell phones as part of my job so I know what to try.

@Anonymous wrote:

What error message are you getting when you try to dial out?

If you had a non payment bar (late payment) you wouldn't be able to use data, High usage is also caused by made and received calls, also data has a 40.00 cap by default so it wouldn't trigger any bars... I have to admit high usage usually block all they can think of although they can bar just outgoing calls...

What phone are you using?Have you tried a manual search for network and do all networks give you the same error?

It seems everything is blocked now from his earlier posts so we can't really help any further. He needs to phone customer service for an explanation unless he can Pm you @Anonymous?
Message 10 of 53