cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO: Get your PAC Code from O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Note: we have an updated guide on getting your PAC in the How-to Guides section, please see here. slight_smile

If you want to contact O2 about leaving or getting a PAC, you can also use the Social links below:

Community_STS_PAC2.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png

Seen this a lot around the forum, so I thought I'd make a post on how to do it

Firstly, give O2 Customer Service a call on 4445 fron your O2 Mobile.
Select the option which is "Join or leave O2". Then in the next menu select the option "To leave O2".

Now, you will be put through to an advisor who will ask you for your name and phone number. Then ask them for your Port Authorisation Code. You will be asked for your security password if you have set one up with them. Don't worry if you havn't sent one up; if you don't have one then you will not need to give it to them.

You will be asked if you have a pen and paper ready to write the code down. Don't worry if you haven't because they post it out to you anyway. They will ask you for your name and address so they can post it to you.

O2 may ask for a reason for leaving and the Port Authorisation Code (PAC) is only valid from 30 days of issue. Provide your PAC code to another operator if you wish to keep your existing number from another network.

Message 1 of 119
118 REPLIES 118

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great. Many thanks.

I'd lost the will to live waiting for Customer Services - but the 0800 number was answered immediately (1 ring) and I had the PAC within a couple of minutes and the message was there before I finished. Brilliant.

Misterfish

Message 31 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive just bought an O2 simcard from asda and its a really good memorable number, I rang them to ask for a PAC code as my phone is locked to Tesco Mobile and I said told I needed to top up before I could get a PAC code.

I think this is pretty disgusting really because im not going to be able to take the topup with me to Tesco am I?

Also how do I get the 'lend us a quid' as I rang 4445 and listened to all the options

Thanks in advance

Message 32 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable

The free call number mentioned above to discontinue pay and go has changed.

It can now be done at 0800 587 4005.

I had been on the normal number they tell you to call for 28 minutes and 12 seconds when I called the new number above in this post.

I had my PAC code in less than 5 minutes total. 

Message 33 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just rung them again on the number you gave and thats for pay monthly, they then put me through to payg and I was told again that I need to topup before I can get a pac code

I was told that the credit I topup has to be used before they will transfer my number

This is PATHETIC

Message 34 of 119

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It's only pathetic in your opinion because you want something for nothing. The idea of porting numbers is that customers get to keep their long standing number so all their contacts don't need to be told of a number change.... Not so you can just decide you want a number you've just picked up off the street !!!!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 35 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone is locked to Tesco hece why I need a PAC code, its reyt ill just sell it on ebay, great number 0750*000000

(edited)

Message 36 of 119

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Just use the O2 sim for a month or so then get the PAC. That's all they ask is that you actually use the number first......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 37 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cant use the number, my phone is locked to tesco, hence why I need a pac code

Message 38 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this alternative number, managed to get through in 2 mins on the 0800 number after trying for the last few days via mobile on 202 and havent been able to speak to anyone! wasted nearly 4 hours of my life listening to hold music and saying i'm in a queue!

Glad to be leaving. but yO2 should improve thier customer services 45mins and no answer is not acceptable in todays standards!

Message 39 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable
I echo the above. Just call 0800 587 4005 and it's done in 4 minutes. Otherwise the official number will leave you hanging for 30 mins
Message 40 of 119