cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO: Get your PAC Code from O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Note: we have an updated guide on getting your PAC in the How-to Guides section, please see here. slight_smile

If you want to contact O2 about leaving or getting a PAC, you can also use the Social links below:

Community_STS_PAC2.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png

Seen this a lot around the forum, so I thought I'd make a post on how to do it

Firstly, give O2 Customer Service a call on 4445 fron your O2 Mobile.
Select the option which is "Join or leave O2". Then in the next menu select the option "To leave O2".

Now, you will be put through to an advisor who will ask you for your name and phone number. Then ask them for your Port Authorisation Code. You will be asked for your security password if you have set one up with them. Don't worry if you havn't sent one up; if you don't have one then you will not need to give it to them.

You will be asked if you have a pen and paper ready to write the code down. Don't worry if you haven't because they post it out to you anyway. They will ask you for your name and address so they can post it to you.

O2 may ask for a reason for leaving and the Port Authorisation Code (PAC) is only valid from 30 days of issue. Provide your PAC code to another operator if you wish to keep your existing number from another network.

Message 1 of 119
118 REPLIES 118

Anonymous
Not applicable
My first experience of O2 support line was getting my PAC code yesterday.
Took me 20 mins of hanging on to get mine. The call centre person person warned me that the provider I'm switching to only has web support! My current experience is that o2 has neither! Why can't I just request a PAC code online !!!
Message 11 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know of anyone who does a PAC code online.

If you think 20min is bad you want to here some of the stories of people trying to get one off 3. 

Message 12 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable
very good post mate. really frustrated after holding the call for 20min and hung up without my knowledge.
Message 13 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable

Contact us page is useless..  It always says 'we are really busy right now. Thanks for waiting'. Nothing happens!

Message 14 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive got my pac code but im still waiting for the transfer to happen was told one full working day by a guru. ....And how do you do a new topic im new and i cant see where it allows me?

Message 15 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im using my pac code to transfer another number over from giff gaff to O2

Message 16 of 119

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

And how do you do a new topic im new and i cant see where it allows me?

in each of the sections is a new message option in blue

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 17 of 119

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

thanks for that graphic @jonsie

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 19 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought I'd update to let anyone else know that the landline number to get your PAC is now 0844 809 0222.

I've just completed the process in a very painless 5 minutes. The PAC is provided over the phone and via text almost instantly.

Thumbs up from me.

Cat Very Happy

Message 20 of 119