cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW DO I MOVE TO PAY MONTHLY BUT KEEP EXISTING P&G NUMBER

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought it would be easy to find help on the O2 Website, but I really do think there is a band of malignant gnomes on the loose messing things up (or maybe they only exist in my PC).

My "PROBLEM" is -

I want advice on the procedure to be followed so that a friend can order a new phone and a Pay Monthly Contract online from O2,  but be able to retain their existing O2 P&G number. 

Question 1 -  At what stage does the request for number transfer take place?   Is it during the online ordering or after the new phone and related new SIM card are received?

Question 2.   There is a web page at http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number#qs  which is supposed to give guidance on this, however on that page there is a link to Fill out the Keep my number form  but when we click on this it takes us to a page headed "Contact Us" and there is no sign of a Form to fill in but links to, yes you've guessed, O" Community.   So where do we go for help please?

Naturally, if any one has an idiots' guide to what I hope is a starightforward process readily available, there is an idiot here who would be eternally grateful.

Gerry

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Gerry

If they log into their Myo2 they can upgrade that way to a full contract as long as a credit check is passed.
Message 2 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Probably best to get the phone first then call CS with the request to port the number.
There are a number of broken links on the site at the mo, so this appears to be another one for toby.
I'll PM him about it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the superfast response @Anonymous    Does that procedure also deal with the number transfer?

Gerry

Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks @MI5

Gerry

Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 18

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Another broken link @Toby to feed back please.

The relevant form is here but it's simply a matter of calling customer service and they will sort it out or take out the contract online and fill the form in.

Message 7 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

I will just drop in here my personal experience of doing exactly the same thing 19 months ago

I was on PAYG. I did nothing online.

I had phoned CS about a query with my credit. This was one brilliant advisor I spoke to. She said the amount of credit I was using on PAYG I would be better on contract and O2 had a sale on at that time.She gave me the details to look at online.

I phoned her back 48hrs later. Ordered my Galaxy S3 and was put on the tariff she suggested.

Phone arrived. I than rang CS again to start porting existing number to my new phone. 18 hours later this was job done.

Yes I know I may have been very lucky with the advisor who talked me through this and made this process so easy but there are some good ones about.

I just wasn't prepared to trust anything to the internet at that time. I had too many questions to ask.

Of course, once I had my phone, I then joined this forum. The rest, as they say, is history Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that @Cleoriff and glad it all turned out well.  I will certainly encourage my friend to contact CS though if past experience of helping the individual concerned is anything to go by some other route or routes will be pursued with attendant confusion  and calamity before CS are given an opportunity to sort the mess out.  Confused

Gerry

Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great @Anonymous    - very many thanks to you and indeed the others who responded so quickly.  Any chance we could get you all jobs in CS?

Gerry

Message 10 of 18