cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a new contract with one month left on existing one

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one more payment to make on my current 24 month contract and want to upgrade my phone now. O2 are asking way over the top for the phone I want but I could get it at Amazon as a new contract for a good price (I don't mind having a new number so that isn't an issue). I know I could call O2 and try to get it cheaper but I'd rather do it online if I can.

Firstly, is there any reason I shouldn't do that?

Secondly, what happens at the end of my old contract? Do I have to tell O2 or can I just let it expire and not renew it?

Thanks for any help.  slight_smile

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Your old contract will not "expire" by itself. You will need to cancel it and you can still move your number to the new contract you get from Amazon if you wish http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It depends if Refresh is a must have. There is no difference otherwise and I would always go for the cheapest option. 

Having said that I would be calling 202 and speaking to retentions to see if you can squeeze a deal out of them.

Don't ask and you don't get.

Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Your old contract will not "expire" by itself. You will need to cancel it and you can still move your number to the new contract you get from Amazon if you wish http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both for your help.  slight_smile

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
No worries mate - if you need anything else, just shout up.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5