Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends on 02 getting charged to phone or text me

Haylz1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi I was on 02 pay as you go but have now gone to pay monthly, my friends who are on 02 pay as you go get free calls and texts to 02 numbers are being charged to phone and text me, i was wondering if anyone knows why this is happening?? Thanks
Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Haylz1
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi.

The reason your friends are being charged is when you change from payandgo to contract or viceversa is that your number has to undergo a disconnection from the O2 system. It takes a couple of days to reregister so at the moment your number is not recognised as an O2 number hence the charges to friends.

Once its registered it will be free again. If your friends call customer service they will be refunded the charges.

Please post this on your thread.

Regards

jonsie

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im having the same problem and cant find an answer anywhere!!! If you figure it out let me kbnow please!!

Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have your friends topped up within the timescale needed to get the free mins?

Message 3 of 23

Haylz1
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I will do danielleCC,

Yes they have topped up and they can ring or text any other 02 number without any problems.
Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is your phone working ok - can you call and text out yourself, for instance can you text your friends who can't text you out of their allowance without charge. 

Message 5 of 23

Haylz1
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Yes no problems at all with my phone can call and text no bother, I even contacted 02 invade it was something to do with my account but they said there is no problems with my account
Message 6 of 23

Haylz1
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Yes no problems at all with my phone can call and text no bother, I even contacted 02 incase it was something to do with my account but they said there is no problems with my account
Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
same, my friends can contact any o2 that isnt on a sim only contract, ive just been in to the o2 store to explain and they said its everyone elses phone that is the problem!! ill be cancelling the contract on monday if custoer service cant fix this. the guys in the store looked at me like i was crazy 😕
Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe they don't have the allowances or have topped up more than once in a month
Message 9 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Maybe they don't have the allowances or have topped up more than once in a month

I did suspect that - either way the problem is with the originating phone, where the charge would be inititated, not the OP's phone or account.

Message 10 of 23